Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

installed Bisi header and its too short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm

I hope that everyone got that both my posts were complete sarcasm.

I mean I think I was one of the first ones on here to get their header installed after the group buy...

and I did a dyno a week later....

Anyway, hope that was apparent

Also I love the thing, and would do business with bisimoto again anytime.

E85 dyno coming soon

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
      I hope that everyone got that both my posts were complete sarcasm.

I mean I think I was one of the first ones on here to get their header installed after the group buy...

and I did a dyno a week later....

Anyway, hope that was apparent

Also I love the thing, and would do business with bisimoto again anytime.

E85 dyno coming soon
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Wow...... how I detest stupid, ignorant, bag lickers!

Call me stupid, say that I have no idea what I'm doing........That's ok I can deal with it. I have thick skin. I just figure if I can buy an ebay header with a flex pipe & flange. A $800 - $1300, 600whp custom header should come with it as well. I mean really it costs $39.95 for a 3" stainless flex pipe and $40.35 for a V-Band clamp. I only paid half of that for both, but that's only becuase I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't know anyone.

On another note, 3 of the Accords that I've worked on have all had 2" - 2.25" cat flanges...not sure where the 1.75" is coming from? Guess that must be a CB thing. Sorry about your luck.

If you give a manufacturer the specs for your exhaust it's not that hard to put on a 3" or 2.5" flange at the end of the day. However, I guess at the end of the day. It really does come down to what it's worth for the manufacturer and not the customer..........

Over and out
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-01-2011, 09:57 AM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          Wow...... how I detest stupid, ignorant, bag lickers!

Call me stupid, say that I have no idea what I'm doing........That's ok I can deal with it. I have thick skin. I just figure if I can buy an ebay header with a flex pipe & flange. A $800 - $1300, 600whp custom header should come with it as well. I mean really it costs $39.95 for a 3" stainless flex pipe and $40.35 for a V-Band clamp. I only paid half of that for both, but that's only becuase I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't know anyone.

On another note, 3 of the Accords that I've worked on have all had 2" - 2.25" cat flanges...not sure where the 1.75" is coming from? Guess that must be a CB thing. Sorry about your luck.

If you give a manufacturer the specs for your exhaust it's not that hard to put on a 3" or 2.5" flange at the end of the day. However, I guess at the end of the day. It really does come down to what it's worth for the manufacturer and not the customer..........

Over and out
          OK, you're entitled to your opinion.

Check out SMSP headers

Funny how they all have the same donut connection as the Bisi header and end just behind their rear block bracket. Huh, SMSP is a company that cheats people out of their money too.

You're welcome to keep your ebay header.

You're comparing two completely different business models and trying to draw parallels where there aren't any. Ebay is strictly profit driven while private shops with unique inventions are driven by a combination of pride, performance, challenge, and profit. It's like comparing bubble gum rings to Jared's rings and complaining that the Jared's ring didn't come in a round, plastic pop-top container.....
          Last edited by 19dabeast85; 03-01-2011, 01:01 PM.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Unique inventions......... are you serious?

I think you had better get your head out of Bisi's arse. Your depriving yourself of O2. Bisi has done great things for himself, Accords and the entire Honda import scene, I agree. But he's not the only one and the tuned length header is not his unique invention. Look at F1 a few years back.

IMO I still think that it would be nice if he included the extra $50 worth of parts with his headers. It would be a nice gesture and it would also put him a step up on SMSP would it not?

I'm done here!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I think you had better get your head out of Bisi's arse. Your depriving yourself of O2. Bisi has done great things for himself, Accords and the entire Honda import scene, I agree. But he's not the only one and the tuned length header is not his unique invention. Look at F1 a few years back.

IMO I still think that it would be nice if he included the extra $50 worth of parts with his headers. It would be a nice gesture and it would also put him a step up on SMSP would it not?

I'm done here!
              i read all these posts but I can definately agree with that last statement. Nothing wrong with making the product a little more user friendly if possible. Bisi would also sell more units that way but people are discouraged when they find out how much work it is to install. Not everyone is a serious engine builder, and an everyday guy with some money would defintaley pay $800 for 20 extra hp for a more direct installataion from these headers.
              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
              Pm meX
              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
              H22A Swap
              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

I'm done here!
                Well, yeah, of course the technology isn't new but Bisi did the R&D to determine the proper setup for our specific engine, something nobody else in the world has done for the f22. Unique? I think so. It is the only true performance oriented header that allows retention of PS & AC on the f22 block, unique? Yes, I think so. It's f1 technology applied to our meager f22 engine.
                My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                  i read all these posts but I can definately agree with that last statement. Nothing wrong with making the product a little more user friendly if possible. Bisi would also sell more units that way but people are discouraged when they find out how much work it is to install. Not everyone is a serious engine builder, and an everyday guy with some money would defintaley pay $800 for 20 extra hp for a more direct installataion from these headers.
                  Take the header to any good exhaust shop and they can help the "everyday builder" connect to his current exhaust with no problems for cheaper than bisi could sell various style and size connection kits.

And the $800 bisi header was a one time deal, they're more like $1200+. Right there with SMSP and other good brands.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                    That gets you this setup except the springs. I purchased the SS springs from a member and don't know where he got them. I'm sure he'll see this thread and might post up if he wants.
                    Just an FYI, I purchased them from a local company that makes a bunch of stainless steel products.
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I'm done here!
                      I would have to agree with you on this bro.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

and who are these non-serious engine builder that are spending +600 on a custom built header..............the ppl coming in to the thread to cry about it.

if you can't figure out how to hook up and F@$King exhaust system, maybe your in the wrong hobby. and maybe you shouldn't buy a custom built part that's made for SERIOUS ENGINE BUILDERS. if the only reason you bought this unit is cause it was $600 you were doomed from the start. all i keep seeing is "he should have did this" "he should have done that".

If your so fucking wise go to college and get a degree in fluid dynamics, spend hundreds of hours and $1000s of dollers on R/D to sell YOUR perfectly made $1200 header to a bunch if whiny ingrates with car that no other automotive company would spend time to take shit on for $600.
                        Last edited by sulimed; 03-02-2011, 04:04 AM.

Comment

agreed completely. This was not thought of by the marketing staff obviously, it would def, be a great thing for them to realize the displeasure in finding the parts to have it modified. Especially if your not someone with all kinds of connections to get it done for half of nothing.
                          Its unfortunate but for some it seems this expensive header could run them another $100-$300 to have it fabricated and installed. I'd hate to see any member have to sacrifice that kinda money for a measly hp gain.
                          Especially seeing you could nearly buy a complete H22 for that cost, or even a dsm boost setup. yeah they would still need to be installed but surely your understanding my point.
                          A few extra parts could go a long way.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a serious oversight, or a sign of Bisimoto selling a product that is "generic"... It's the way things are done.

Though I DO agree that including the extra parts, and taking the extra 10 minutes to ensure those extra parts are correct for mounting to the exhaust on the car, would indeed be a step above and beyond the norm. It would be yet another thing to put Bisimoto ahead of the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                              I don't like doing everybody's research for them but I will oblige since you asked:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

From boltdepot.com:

qty. - part number

2x - 6015
                              4x - 4519
                              2x - 12011
                              2x - 13574
                              4x - 5580

That gets you this setup except the springs. I purchased the SS springs from a member and don't know where he got them. I'm sure he'll see this thread and might post up if he wants.

On edit I should add that the holes on the flange are too far apart and will need to be re-drilled essentially making a slot. A drill press would be the right tool to use to drill these since it's stainless and holding the flange still while trying to drill half of a hole is difficult..
                              thank you sir for the detailed information. To tell you the truth i have everything ready to install, but i really don't like my spring/bolt kit that i bought. It looks too cheaply made. This is the reason why i asked where did you buy it.

Ps you might want to be careful about the Cat that you posted above. It only lasted 5000 miles on my friends car, and he couldn't pass emissions here in Philadelphia.

Again thank you for the info.
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

eg@y
                                im sure deev said somewhere that next person to say this is getting banned lol

i talked to Bisi and he told me the reason this comes short is because not everyone has the same set-up with their F's
                                for example with the F22 and the F22 tranny my ebay header worked fine, when i did the swap to the H23 tranny, the header slaps all over the back of the block so much that it broke the bracket both off the pipe AND the block itself. keep in mind i have prothane mounts filled with polyurethane so i have to fabricate a new flex pipe/joint. Bisi went balls out and did the research to tailor as many needs for the consumer, i mean if you can drop $1000 on a header there's a lot more shit going on under your hood that stock run of the mill set-ups
                                Originally posted by scudweiser
                                it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Working...
                                X