CB7Tuner Discord Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    It’s not about a lack of knowledge. It’s about a lack of bandwidth.
    We have a solution in mind for more important threads (like key DIYs), and we will likely ask for help in the next week or so to make it happen.

As for a chat, I’m giving it some thought. The last time we did such a thing, it didn’t work out well. People left, or were banned. It wasn’t pretty.
    I've been using Discord to upload my cb photos, might be a way to help the forum again with this photobucket problem. I just post my photos in discord then copy the link to paste it here.

For Example: IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395100259010871298/395298925298319360/unknown.png[/IMG

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Same here I’m here to help and I did enjoy the old chat room though it was mostly kids trolling
    No worries about kids trolling, it can be invite only, and if they troll you can mute them where they can't type or say anything. They can only see what's going on. Shoot you could even make it where it's open but no one can type or say anything until they are given permission by a admin or mod.
    Last edited by BreckAConner; 12-30-2017, 05:46 AM.
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

The previous trolls were cb7tuner members. People got banned forum this forum. It had a drastic negative effect on the overall atmosphere here, which is why I’m hesitant.

Using it to host pictures could be problematic. I’ve watched imagestation go down, and now photobucket. I don’t foresee anything else being any more permanent.

Comment

Ok. So just put a user limit on the chat room? Test it out in the VIP section first? Or it just simply would take up too much bandwidth?

I remember back in the geocities day you could load a 3rd party code snippet to host a chat room on your website. Is that still a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The previous trolls were cb7tuner members. People got banned forum this forum. It had a drastic negative effect on the overall atmosphere here, which is why I’m hesitant.

Using it to host pictures could be problematic. I’ve watched imagestation go down, and now photobucket. I don’t foresee anything else being any more permanent.
          Yeah that's a bummer that actual long time members would cause the problem, I see what you mean.

As for picture hosting, how much more does it cost to add space to your server now for the site? I'm not a codding person, but it would be pretty neat if such thing would work such as: A yearly fee of say $1 for 10GB for photos for that user if they sign up on the site. Maybe give new users like a free 100mbs of space or such or if the user isn't active over say 1 year there photos are deleted unless it's something like a sticky DIY.

Also, if you would like to check out my own personal discord server just too see what it's about and fiddle around I can invite you if you sign up for Discord. You can use it on the Web browser if you don't feel like downloading it, PC/MAC or iPhone/Android.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Ok. So just put a user limit on the chat room? Test it out in the VIP section first? Or it just simply would take up too much bandwidth?

I remember back in the geocities day you could load a 3rd party code snippet to host a chat room on your website. Is that still a thing?
          I'm not sure if this answers your question on like I guess permissions and limits, but here's a snapshot of the settings you can apply to the server channels and such.

There's a lot more to choose from settings, but just as I was posting this picture and trying to make some more screen shots and go through settings they started server maintenance.
          Last edited by BreckAConner; 12-30-2017, 06:08 PM.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
            Yeah that's a bummer that actual long time members would cause the problem, I see what you mean.

As for picture hosting, how much more does it cost to add space to your server now for the site? I'm not a codding person, but it would be pretty neat if such thing would work such as: A yearly fee of say $1 for 10GB for photos for that user if they sign up on the site. Maybe give new users like a free 100mbs of space or such or if the user isn't active over say 1 year there photos are deleted unless it's something like a sticky DIY.

Also, if you would like to check out my own personal discord server just too see what it's about and fiddle around I can invite you if you sign up for Discord. You can use it on the Web browser if you don't feel like downloading it, PC/MAC or iPhone/Android.

There's a lot more to choose from settings, but just as I was posting this picture and trying to make some more screen shots and go through settings they started server maintenance.
            Storage: Next/Owncloud instance, too easy to setup, just gotta get with the hostee.

Also I'd like into your discord server lol, been trying to get a hold of you for a hot minute.
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
              Storage: Next/Owncloud instance, too easy to setup, just gotta get with the hostee.

Also I'd like into your discord server lol, been trying to get a hold of you for a hot minute.
              try this link Robert, it will expire. https://discord.gg/WyFepG

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                try this link Robert, it will expire. https://discord.gg/WyFepG
                Resend.
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                  Resend.
                  PM'd the link to you.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X