Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7Tuner Discord Please!!!

Hey Deevergote,

can you or a mod start a discord server for the forum? I think it would be neat to be able to talk to each other and post things back and forth real time. It's just a thought, but I thought I would ask.

Breck
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

You know your old if you googled this..

Comment

What’s discord?
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

This is Discord. You can use it on the computer, or your phone. You don't have to install it if you want, you can use it through the web browser if that's the case.

Most use it for Gaming, but it can be used for other purposes other than that.

Free to use, and free to create a server. Invite only, no one can just join the server without an invite.
        Last edited by BreckAConner; 12-26-2017, 03:51 PM.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

you know..CB7Tuner once had an active chatroom a few years ago.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
            you know..CB7Tuner once had an active chatroom a few years ago.
            No way? Not in here though.... was it? I always wanted a chat room.

Comment

We did something similar on the gaming clan that i was in, we used facebook messenger though to coordinate play groups as well as just shoot the sh*t. Only issue we had was that since there where over 100 of us, the darn thing would not stop ringing because folks would always try and do group calls and instead of simply contacting individuals they would literally call everyone.
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                We did something similar on the gaming clan that i was in, we used facebook messenger though to coordinate play groups as well as just shoot the sh*t. Only issue we had was that since there where over 100 of us, the darn thing would not stop ringing because folks would always try and do group calls and instead of simply contacting individuals they would literally call everyone.
                No user limits of what I know of, and you can create a voice chat room(s) and name them whatever. Only time voice chat is enabled is if you join that channel. You can set permissions where people in the server can only do so much so they don't troll. You can make it invite only so no one can just join without permission.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

I 2nd this motion. Also we need in house photo hosting or something. I am certain Breck and I could figure something out around here. Hell 90% of us geeks could.
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                    I 2nd this motion. Also we need in house photo hosting or something. I am certain Breck and I could figure something out around here. Hell 90% of us geeks could.
                    In house photo hosting would be sick. It hurts when I'm looking for stuff and finally find it to see the sign for a broken link or photo bucket account that doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bseballkid1990 View Post
                      In house photo hosting would be sick. It hurts when I'm looking for stuff and finally find it to see the sign for a broken link or photo bucket account that doesn't work anymore.
                      Keep it on the down low for the forum, but I'm using discord to upload my photos. :P Not sure how long they will stay uploaded but it's been working so far. If you are interested in seeing how I do this let me know and I can show you.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

I would definitely be interested in seeing something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                          It’s not about a lack of knowledge. It’s about a lack of bandwidth.
                          We have a solution in mind for more important threads (like key DIYs), and we will likely ask for help in the next week or so to make it happen.

As for a chat, I’m giving it some thought. The last time we did such a thing, it didn’t work out well. People left, or were banned. It wasn’t pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            It’s not about a lack of knowledge. It’s about a lack of bandwidth.
                            We have a solution in mind for more important threads (like key DIYs), and we will likely ask for help in the next week or so to make it happen.

As for a chat, I’m giving it some thought. The last time we did such a thing, it didn’t work out well. People left, or were banned. It wasn’t pretty.
                            Let me know what you come up with I'd love to help.
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Same here I’m here to help and I did enjoy the old chat room though it was mostly kids trolling
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X