Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1
    exactly.

look at the f22a dyno thread. so many people have just done IM swaps, a chipped ECU, exhaust work, and maybe even a bored throttle body and seen like 130-150whp. thats freakin crazy. look at HondaFan81's build thread. he's gotten 153whp N/A.

Cisco's red project is a little more indepth than this though. I would expect a healthy F22 to put down around 130-140WHP with these mods. Probably less with an auto. Figuring a 12% drivetrain loss, that works out to about 150-160 crank HP. Not that unreasonable.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

HondaFan's red project yielded 153whp with a cam and mild headwork, plus a tune and the basic bolt-on mods. He made a thread totalling all the work he put into it (headwork only, not the full restoration). It came out to be about $3000, I believe. Still, that's roughly 10-15whp shy of an H22A, and he didn't touch the bottom end in terms of performance.

His white project would eat my H22A alive...

Comment

Hmm thats good news, his white is fully built? how much power is that making? Ill have to read up on that.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          Your still missing about 75% of the upgrade. Imagine getting equal or better mileage, WITH 5-7more HP.
          That could be nice, I'm just still looking for one!
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
            Hmm thats good news, his white is fully built? how much power is that making? Ill have to read up on that.
            White is fully built. I know roughly what he expects to make, but I'm not sure if he wants the estimate shared. I don't think he has the final piece yet (the Bisimoto header), so it's not done... and hasn't had a final tune yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes more power with that F22A than I expect to EVER make with my H22A... and I'm planning a pretty massive build myself.

The downside is that it's not a street car. It CAN be driven on the street, I believe... but it's not a great daily driver. That's what the red car is for.

Comment

It should be noted that Cisco's red project laid down that power with stock 8.8:1 compression, and on a 230K mile block.

Based on the dyno he ran it on, it is putting down about the same as a stock H22 would on the same dyno.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah, I did say stock bottom end... but I didn't even realize it's 230k! Wow.

And yeah, 153whp on a Mustang Dyno, which are known for lower numbers than the common Dynojet that people use. He also gets gas mileage well above 25mpg.

Comment

It should be noted that Cisco's red project laid down that power with stock 8.8:1 compression, and on a 230K mile block.

Based on the dyno he ran it on, it is putting down about the same as a stock H22 would on the same dyno.
                  Well, it had 210K miles on the F22a1 block when modifications were made, it ran healthy stock, so that is why I did not bother with the bottom end, simplicity. My white is getting the works.

Yes, I often wonder if I rebuilt the block on my red, if I could get more. I still wonder with a Bisi level 2 cam and H23 5spd trans as well, plus a better clutch. Anyhow, I'm over it, need to keep things real. I gave some insight to others, I really hope someone can take the basis of my red project and expand on the mods I mentioned, to really see what you can do with the F22 without even touching the block, running 87 octane gas! I also feel if you get even better headwork done and working IABs, it will help retain the lower end better than my red with the IABs hooked up via vacuum line, also with a Bisimoto cam the torque band more than likely will be better.
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-20-2008, 09:57 AM.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                    Well, it had 210K miles on the F22a1 block when modifications were made, it ran healthy stock, so that is why I did not bother with the bottom end, simplicity. My white is getting the works.

Yes, I often wonder if I rebuilt the block on my red, if I could get more. I still wonder with a Bisi level 2 cam and H23 5spd trans as well, plus a better clutch. Anyhow, I'm over it, need to keep things real. I gave some insight to others, I really hope someone can take the basis of my red project and expand on the mods I mentioned, to really see what you can do with the F22 without even touching the block, running 87 octane gas! I also feel if you get even better headwork done and working IABs, it will help retain the lower end better than my red with the IABs hooked up via vacuum line.

i would do something like your red project but money is a b**** to save working as a server and fast food(both of which are part time.) lol. but i shall some day. right now im just waiting to swap my a6 into my 5spd so i dont have to worry about tightening the stupid timing belt on the a1.

everything on the 5spd just needs new. all new. lol. but i know for sure i plan on getting my TB bored out to about 65mm or maybe even 68mm and get the upper plenum port matched. it depends on what i plan on doing. i dont think ill be boosting anytime soon tho.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      It is using all stock parts, so it should be fine for emissions. There are no radical aftermarket modifications here.

In fact, the majority of the modifications are simply changing the 125hp F22A1 to a 140hp F22A6. The only thing that MIGHT impact emissions (and it's unlikely) is the H23 intake manifold swap. You could always just do the A6 intake manifold swap, and keep the H23 plenum and throttle body on hand for when you want more power... and the A6 parts when you want to stay stock.
                      alright awesome...but when you did this did you mean for the parts to be on a manual or auto.
                      ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
                      *and its alive!! hahaha*
                      *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

yeah, im following in the path of your red project, except im getting a bisi stage 1 camshaft.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

To put it into perspective, with these mods, including a full exhaust, my car would keep up with mild bolt on GS-Rs...with an auto.

The 15 from the cam and IM is certain. Considering that I have seen healthy F22A6's with full exhaust lay down around 130WHP, and I really don't think a gain from 125-130HP to 150 or so is unreasonable. Then, if you still don't think you are quite there, go with a blacktrax spacer and you get another 5WHP with an F22 plenum. People think I am nuts when I mention how much of a difference the H series plenum makes, until they try it.

To add futher perspective, an H22 Accord pulled just slightly on my car, at highway speeds, and I pulled quite well on a friend who has a F22B1 with 145HP + whatever his bolt ons gave him.

I wish I had dynos of this stuff, but I don't have the F22 anymore.
                          I understand what you're saying. I wanna see a CB7 with an F22A1 with these mods pull on me. That would be awesome. Then again, I don't get much satisfaction from going in a straight line. I'm more of a road racer.
                          Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by Nas92
                            alright awesome...but when you did this did you mean for the parts to be on a manual or auto.

it doesnt really matter. the only difference would be in the TB. i think theres a bracket of some sort the auto has that the 5spd doesnt.

Comment

as for the intake mani, is it fine to just not plug all those actuators and junk in and just unscrew the butterflies off of it? I sometimes think that in that case less could be more.
                              Cars:
                              91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              98 Accord LX Sedan
                              95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

Originally posted by bmxfelon420
                                as for the intake mani, is it fine to just not plug all those actuators and junk in and just unscrew the butterflies off of it? I sometimes think that in that case less could be more.

those actuators open the IABs up at a certain RPM. if you dont want to plug them up just take out the IABs and gain that power up top. but you'll loose some low end torque.

Comment

Working...
                                X