Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 turbo kits?

hey everyone. im new to this site. and i was wondering what turbo kit to buy for my jdm h22 swapped cb7? ive been searching around and couldnt find anything about what turbo kit to buy. will the h22 turbo kits for a prelude work? will it just bolt in? sorry for the noobie questions. but i want to turbo my accord. i found a really good tuner in my area and plan on boosting my stock jdm h22 and getting it tuned on maybe 8psi. but i cant figure out what turbo kit to buy for it. any help would be helpful. thanks everyone. this sites exactly what i needed to find. a site dedicated to my accord. haha.

Don't get a kit. Learn what each part does and build your own setup. Any pre-made kits are going to be junk, or overpriced. Or, very likely, overpriced junk. Get your own parts and do it right.

I suggest reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, and Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. Those two books will give you a decent understanding of turbo systems.

Boosting a stock H22 is always risky. It's a good thing that you found a good tuner... that shows that you understand the importance of tuning... but be SURE he knows how to tune a turbo H22, and be sure you get whatever setup he's comfortable with (like a P28 ECU running Crome, etc...) Even with a good tune, you're boosting a high-compression engine that's at least 10 years old, with internals that were never intended for turbo. You CAN do it... but if this is your only car, and something you rely on to get to work or school, you might want to look into something else. Either don't boost the H22, or get a beater to get you around... so you don't rely on a car that may pop at any moment!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Don't get a kit. Learn what each part does and build your own setup. Any pre-made kits are going to be junk, or overpriced. Or, very likely, overpriced junk. Get your own parts and do it right.

I suggest reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, and Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. Those two books will give you a decent understanding of turbo systems.

Boosting a stock H22 is always risky. It's a good thing that you found a good tuner... that shows that you understand the importance of tuning... but be SURE he knows how to tune a turbo H22, and be sure you get whatever setup he's comfortable with (like a P28 ECU running Crome, etc...) Even with a good tune, you're boosting a high-compression engine that's at least 10 years old, with internals that were never intended for turbo. You CAN do it... but if this is your only car, and something you rely on to get to work or school, you might want to look into something else. Either don't boost the H22, or get a beater to get you around... so you don't rely on a car that may pop at any moment!
      deev is right. most kits are is overpriced junk. and in my opinion if youve got the luxury of an h22 you should go n/a. maybe put a good shot of nos and build the motor a little bit. this could be potentially safer for the motor.

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

or if you were to piece the setup together yourself then at least do a few things to the motor, maybe some low compression pistons and some new rods. make sure the tuner is reputable and like deev said and have him go with a ecu/tune he's comfortable with. if this is your daily driver get a beater as a back up because things have a good chance of breaking when you add boost into the mix.

Comment

thanks guys. im going to go read up on it. and probably piece one together now that you guys mention it. and yes i do know that tuning is a key process when building a motor. ill do what you guys mentioned with the ecu too. most likely be going with crome. but thanks for the help guys. and another question. what parts do i look for the turbo kit for? like prelude parts or accord parts or mix and match? but if i dont decide to piece one together...what kit should i buy my turbo for, accord or prelude? i dont know because its a prelude motor in an accord.
          Last edited by hseriesaccord; 11-21-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Look for a manifold that will fit the H22. Other than that, there are no specific Accord or Prelude parts.

Don't think in terms of kits. Think in terms of parts.

Comment

oh ok. so I'm going to guess, but I can buy all turbo parts for our year accord minus the h22 manifold. Since the charge piping is set to be in the accord? Not positive but just throwing it out there I'm kind of familar with turbos but not really. My friend knows a lot but not much hseries and accords. But he does know turbos. So I'll prolly ask him about stuff.

Comment

You'll have to piece together your own charge piping. Even a "kit" would probably just come with piping that you could alter to fit as you desire.

Honestly, there really are no "Accord specific" turbo parts.

Comment

get piping of desired diameter and weld your own shit. lol.

Comment

oh alright. thanks guys. I'm gonna figure something out. probably find someone else with a turboed c#7 and buy parts from them or ask where they got there parts from

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
                      get piping of desired diameter and weld your own shit. lol.
                      Weld? Feh... hose connectors and clamps. Though welding WOULD be better...

Comment

I heard with constant temp changes under the hood, metal will flex and eventually crack and break the weld

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
                          I heard with constant temp changes under the hood, metal will flex and eventually crack and break the weld
                          idk, if this was a problem then our exhaust pipes and shit wouldnt be metal would they?

Comment

pvc pipe FTW! lol jk

Comment

haha. alright. ill figure something out. thanks guys for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X