Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how do u remove chromed trims???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do u remove chromed trims???

Hi guys.. i have a question.. soon im going to fix all the rust on my car and i need to remove Chromed Trims around the windshield, around backglass and also around the doors... so how do you remove it ? i tried removing it on my friend`s car but it started to brake so i just stopped!
    thanks a lot
    Costa

i sanded mine off on my front grill before i painted it. So, i'd suggest doing that.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by accord92qc
      Hi guys.. i have a question.. soon im going to fix all the rust on my car and i need to remove Chromed Trims around the windshield, around backglass and also around the doors... so how do you remove it ? i tried removing it on my friend`s car but it started to brake so i just stopped!
      thanks a lot
      Costa

your friend must really like you man, cause i would have been pissed. i think they just pop off if im not correct somebody correct me
      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
        i sanded mine off on my front grill before i painted it. So, i'd suggest doing that.
        he's talking about removing the trim around the windows. the trim around the windows are stainless steel not chrome, so it can't be sanded off anyway.

they are held on with clips and some screws. most people break the clips, but you can get new ones. i'd let a bodyshop remove them. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Stainless steel FTW!!! When ever they get a lil DULL, i just sand them with 220 GRIT and TAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shes shinny again!
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
            Stainless steel FTW!!! When ever they get a lil DULL, i just sand them with 220 GRIT and TAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shes shinny again!
            220 grit? Isnt that a lil coarse?
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

If they're stainless, you can sand them with 800-1200 grit sandpaper and then buff them.
              just make sure when ur sanding to only go one way. If done right they will look brand new

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

Call your local glass company like lee and cates. They would probably get them off for about 35 dollars. It will cost you more than that when you buy new clips when you break them and hopefully you dont bend the chrome. some times it saves to DIY but it can also cost you more if you dont have the right tools..

This is my 91 accordwagon ex-r her name is Layshia

This is my other wagon her name is Tangy

Comment

Working...
                X