Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 Accord 5 speed wont rev past 5500 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Accord 5 speed wont rev past 5500 RPM

I am new to the site and searched for this in particualr and could not find a definitive answer:

My issue is my Accord will not rev past 5500 RPM while taking off and shifting through the gears. Once I hit 5500, I can feel it cut back and it wont go any further no matter how hard I push it....

...any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance everybody!

Do you have a Check Engine Light on? Your ECU may be in limp mode.

Comment

^^^that would suck. mine isn't and i have a serious problem with mine right now.

mostly because i shifted too late and F'd it all up. If your stock then you don't want to go past 5500.

Comment

Eh, if it's in limp mode, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing to fix. The CEL will tell you what's wrong. Chances are, some sensor is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Eh, if it's in limp mode, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing to fix. The CEL will tell you what's wrong. Chances are, some sensor is bad.
          i guess i am really tedious when something is wrong. This is my first ride without an everlasting CEL and it's starting to get one every now and then.

but i never noticed a lot of power coming out of anything past around 5200.... made it pointless to redline for me

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
            Do you have a Check Engine Light on? Your ECU may be in limp mode.

no CEL's on this car....I tried to help with it, and got no where....check this fellas....

....is it possible that if you put the timing belt on too tight or get it off alignment, then it will do this?

...also with a stock 5 speed CB7, is it bad to shift past 5500 RPM, its been so long since I had a stock one I cant remember!!!!!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
            ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

bump....any ideas?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

It's not bad to shift past 5500. Just don't redline it too often. It's best to NOT rev that high, but you can.

If the cams aren't aligned properly, then yes, I suppose that would possibly cause this.

Comment

Did you do/had a timing belt change? It may be a tooth off. Check your timing.

Comment

^^^^^

I will check with him....this may be possible, I know he did have a recent timing belt change!

Thanks

Comment

well... i wouldn't say its the timing belt... i can be off but it won't let it rev past 5500 because all that is set at the ECU. another thing to check if it has a vaccum leak. Also might be the TPS sensor out of adjustment... it won't throw a code if it is.

Originally posted by Devergote
                      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

you dont make any more power past 5500 anyways.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Actually I lost a race against a CRX due to the same issue, for me it was the oxygen sensor not working, after i discovered it the power came back and could rev up to 6300 again so check that out and see if it is the problem.

Comment

19TcappaLX

Thanks guys for the replys,checking in these areas on. hope it fix my problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X