Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle body

looking for a good throttle body for my f22a1 is the a6 the only one.

it's not worth it unless you're swapping to a h23 intake manifold. the biggest accord throttle body is only 52mm and the h23 is 60mm and if you can get one an acura integra type-r throttle body will bolt directly on and it's 62mm.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by 19TcappaLX View Post
      looking for a good throttle body for my f22a1 is the a6 the only one.
      your best bet would be to swap to an A6 manifold and then you can do the H23 TB which is bigger. The A6 manifold flows better than the A1/A4 and has IAB butterfly valves.
      Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
      it's not worth it unless you're swapping to a h23 intake manifold. the biggest accord throttle body is only 52mm and the h23 is 60mm and if you can get one an acura integra type-r throttle body will bolt directly on and it's 62mm.
      almost right. the h23 tb is 62mm at the opening and tapers to 58mm. the Accord TB all of them....are 58 at the opening and I believe 54 after the taper on the inside.

So the H23 is the best option.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You have a few options to achieve similar goals.

1) Swap a F22a6 throttle-body (TB) and intake manifold (IM) setup onto your F22a1 motor.

2) Swap a H23ax TB and IM setup onto your F22a1 motor.

3) Have your F22a1 TB bored by www.maxbore.com.

NOTE: The F22a6 manifold and H23ax manifold have better flow characteristics than F22a1/a4 on a stock or near stock motor setup.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hey thanks guys thats some good information.just what i needed.

Comment

H23A1 and H22A1 (and similar) stock t/b's are 62mm @ inlet, 60 @ plenum (not 58mm), and Maxbore can go 4mm over, so 66/64. I have yet to fully measure a stock F22AX t/b. If I were you, I'd either do the full H23 IM or H/A6 hybrid IM.

Comment

max you can get is a 70mm skunk2 TB, which fits to an h23 upper plenum, go with the a6 runners and your golden
              ..[CB7][STAR]..
              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

well i'm doing a H23A Intake manifold swap, and i need a throttle body can i get a h22A TB if ican't fing a h23 one?...

Originally posted by deevergote
                .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

^Yes, an H22 t/b could replace the H23 t/b no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                    ^Yes, an H22 t/b could replace the H23 t/b no problem.
                    thank you!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

rEAL TALK

`my thing is in my A1 i dont have a black box but i do want to run a full h23 manifold from top to bottom would i still need the black box to make the setup work perfect and on the throttle body there a extra top map sensor do i remove it and get a weld or should i plug it..and hope for no codes
                      " its just a single cam "

Comment

is bigger always better for TBs?
                        2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                        VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                        The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                        August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                          is bigger always better for TBs?
                          If going aftermarket for a bigger TB you are sure in hell going to kill you gas milage...

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                            If going aftermarket for a bigger TB you are sure in hell going to kill you gas milage...
                            Care to explain? Or are you just spouting something you heard someone tell someone else that one time in this other thread on this other forum?
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                              Care to explain? Or are you just spouting something you heard someone tell someone else that one time in this other thread on this other forum?
                              I've had it on 2 cars already (both honda), there is no need for you to flame me for this now sir...I've experienced it, that is why I said it.

Comment

Working...
                              X