oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil change

hey guys i dont know if this has already been covered but how often do you guys get your oil changed? i got mine changed around 3,200 miles ago and it doesnt look bad yet i know the places say every 3,000 but what do you guys usually run to before getting it changed?
    thanks

I run NEO syntetics, I change mine every 4000-5000 miles....it really depends on you type of oil and how you beat on the motor...

Comment

i got valvoline last time or whatever that shit is it was probably standard. and i dont think the engine runs too hard considering its an auto lol

Comment

I change mine every 3k miles and I use castrol gtx with usually k&n or royal purple filter.

Originally posted by visualpoet
        some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

yeah i should prob get it changed soon if everyones going at the 3k mark i just see all these posts online about how you can go to 8-10k

Comment

you can do that if the oil is synthetic

Originally posted by visualpoet
            some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

i was readin online and they said standard but idk

Comment

I run mobile syntetic but I change it every 3K anyway

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

yeah i figure with an engine over 200k and an older vechicle its better to do it on time

Comment

synthetic mobile 1 high mileage every 3k. Damn vtec burns enough of it anyways for me to have too lol.

Comment

the only way to know is with an oil analysis. But with the new oils out today, name brand oils (castrol and valvoline are the only two non-synthetics I recommend), you COULD go 5000 miles for every oil and filter change...MUST do both. However some engines (such as toyota's old sienna and camry sludge campaign engines) need every 3000. This is of course with easy driving...if you drive like me in the environment i drive in (dust and dirty country) you'll want to go with 3-4000...so...3000-5000...depending. Can't give you more definite then that...3-5000

If you are using FULL synthetic you can go upwards of 15,000 miles (12-17k depending on oil, engine, and driving conditions) for oil changes, that is also with changing the filter only and topping off the oil every 5000.

But again...the only way you'll know is with an analysis...but conventional oil is a waste of money for what you don't get compared to synthetic...and there are no negative effects when switching to synthetics...gotta watch it though...some name brand synthetics aren't actually fully synthetic.
                      ____

Comment

thanks for the help bro the filter and oil were both changed about 3200 ago and my girlfriends dad checked the oil after i did and said it looks pretty good. its valvoline. i wanna get it changed and im kinda procrastinating just cause i know i can get more out of it and i just wanna hold on to some money for a lil

Comment

I change my oil every 3000 miles with valvoline durablend 10w40 and a denso surefit oil filter. I stay on top of it 95% of the time.
                          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          My coupe!!!
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

i use castrol gtx every 2k miles...
                            my oil turns black after a few hundred miles...

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
                            JANE 99 Infiniti i30
                            2-9-11 - current
                            "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

anyone know the truth about how often you should change it with synthetic?

i use synthetic and change around 3-4K

Comment

Working...
                              X