Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bleeding Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Brakes

So I am going to bleed my brakes someday next week, I just wanted to know what is better DOT 3 or Dot 4?

I also don't know if i should bleed the brakes staring from the farthest wheel from the the master cylinder and working my way there,

or doing it the manual way which says
    "1990-95 Accord: Right rear, left front, left rear, right front"?

Originally posted by visualpoet
    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

If I remember correctly, you can only use DOT3 brake fluid. DOT4 will damage the seals in your master cylinder and calipers.

Comment

Dot3

Comment

read the cap on your master cylender it says either dot 3 or dot 4.. and as for the bleeding go passanger rear, drivers side rear, passanger front , drivers side front, good luck cheers!

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
        #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
        #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

There are 2 brake channels/lines, right rear to left front, and left rear to right front. They are diagonal channels and it is set up that way so if you get a failure at one of the soft brake lines or one of the cylinders, or if one hard line fails, it will only affect one channel and you will still have half of your brake system.

Supposedly, and I've seen no convincing logical explanation of this so far, supposedly you need to bleed the rear line of each channel first before doing the front line of the same channel. That's the important principle to remember. Whether you bleed both rears first before doing the fronts, or go right rear left front, left rear right front, it makes no difference. They both accomplish the same thing of bleeding the rear line of the given channel first before doing the front line. Which is supposedly important.

Assuming the importance of doing the rears first as a fact, the reason for differing instructions on this is that sometimes manuals give one procedure out of several possible because that's easier than explaining all the principles and considerations around the procedure. And other times they give one procedure because that's the only way to do it. Without really understanding all aspects, it's hard to tell which is which sometimes when reading instructions. In this case, doing both rears first seems sequentially similar or identical (depending on how you are looking at it) to doing one rear and then the corresponding front, then the other rear and its corresponding front.
          Last edited by batever; 08-24-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

thanks guys, all I need to do now is buy the oil and a bleeder hose.

Originally posted by visualpoet
            some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

Originally posted by Juan4DCB7 View Post
              thanks guys, all I need to do now is buy the oil and a bleeder hose.
              You can do the job easily by yourself with just some hose ( i believe a 2 foot lenght of 3/16 or 1/8 inch internal diameter works, for under a dollar, or just buy $8 one man bleeder set at the car shop) and a 2 foot long or so piece of 2x4 or something else to jam between the brake pedal and the driver's seat for when you have to go and tighten the bleeder screws again or get out of the car to add more brake fluid.

Put the wood against the driver's seat and the brake pedal, then slide the driver's seat forward until the brake pedal bottoms out. Now you can go outside the car and do whatever and you are guaranteed not to have sucked any fluid or air back into the lines.

If you have a 2 foot long breaker bar that works too. but it's kind of pointy pressing on the car seat and doesn't stick to the brake pedal as easily as the end of a 2x4 so it's trickier to use.
              Last edited by batever; 08-27-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X