Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

squeaking noise when making turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeaking noise when making turns

Pretty much everytime I make a turn left or right I can hear some type of squeaking, not sure if it's coming directly from the steering wheel or not. When I turn the wheel while in one spot there is no noise only while im in motion. Any ideas what it might be? Thanx.

The bushings on the upper control arm?

Comment

I'm sure you already have.. Have you checked your brakes/rotor?

Pop vTec

Comment

Originally posted by SunkistCB7 View Post
        I'm sure you already have.. Have you checked your brakes/rotor?
        Lol actually i have not but im pretty sure I needa change them cuz recently started to hear some squeaking from them

Comment

Originally posted by anavrin351 View Post
          The bushings on the upper control arm?
          Maybe..would I just have to replace them to find out if thats it or?

Comment

I took mine to les schwab the other day for the same problem, and for pulsing when I brake. They diagnosed a tie rod on one side and bushings on the other that are worn and need replaced. My car hit 290k miles today. If you take it to them they will diagnose and quote your problem for free. Then chose to fix it yourself or take your quote somewhere else and have them check your problem for free and compare them.

Comment

my friend had that issue... it was his lower ball joint

Comment

I recently had same problem.
                Front Knucle lower ball joint.
                Last edited by accordmaniac; 04-24-2014, 09:51 AM.
                1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Sounds like ball joints are the consensus.. but I'm not sold, any other symptoms? (predominantly on bumpy roads.. on smooth pavement.. only during beginning of drive.. or after you've been driving awhile?)

Pop vTec

Comment

Thanx everybody, ima have to go get it diagnosed and hopefully I can do it myself

Comment

Sounds like ball joints are the consensus.. but I'm not sold, any other symptoms? (predominantly on bumpy roads.. on smooth pavement.. only during beginning of drive.. or after you've been driving awhile?)
                      Pretty much whenever I make a turn, when its a long curve it'll do it the whole time doesn't really matter how long I've been driving it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderCb7 View Post
                        I took mine to les schwab the other day for the same problem, and for pulsing when I brake. They diagnosed a tie rod on one side and bushings on the other that are worn and need replaced. My car hit 290k miles today. If you take it to them they will diagnose and quote your problem for free. Then chose to fix it yourself or take your quote somewhere else and have them check your problem for free and compare them.
                        Ok Thanx man, did u do urs urself? I noticed when I get to 65ish mph my car starts vibrating too, I'm hoping thats just because of my bad tires tho.

Comment

they quoted me $500. I haven't got it done yet. Im gonna research the parts and possibly get a second opinion. I replaced my front tires which were almost bald and the problem almost went completely away. So my plan of action is to get it checked out at a different shop and see what they find wrong.

Comment

Not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but this might help you or others..
                            "Quick Testing Balljoints/ Tie rods"-Courtesy of wikihow (w/ pictures)
                            Alot of the time shops will lift the car up and do this exact test. Others will try to shimmy them with a crowbar which always seemed sketch to me, but I guess these chassis parts should be strong enough. I was going to list steps.. but there's a thread already..

And good luck, I'm sure you can do the job yourself its a PITA but most autoparts stores have rental tools specifically for this.

Pop vTec

Comment

Not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but this might help you or others..
                              "Quick Testing Balljoints/ Tie rods"-Courtesy of wikihow (w/ pictures)
                              Alot of the time shops will lift the car up and do this exact test. Others will try to shimmy them with a crowbar which always seemed sketch to me, but I guess these chassis parts should be strong enough. I was going to list steps.. but there's a thread already..

And good luck, I'm sure you can do the job yourself its a PITA but most autoparts stores have rental tools specifically for this.
                              Forsure man thanx a lot, ima try checking them tomorrow.. we'll see how that goes

Comment

Working...
                              X