not very friendly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not very friendly...

Last Sunday evening I'm coming into L.A. from Arizona on the 10 freeway. I can't remember what town I was in, but I think just before Montclaire . I'm in my shinny white wagon and then I see a bunch of Hondas in a row. I somehow got into the line and..shit...what aggressive guys to a fellow Honda! I hope other "caravans" are nice to other Hondas they just happen to come upon like me.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Hmm, it seems there are more aggressive behavior now days. Hope all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
      Hmm, it seems there are more aggressive behavior now days. Hope all is well.
      So True. I could see if my wagon looked like crap and I was like with kids and animals in it, or even a random wagon trying to show off. But my wagon is fully detailed, has nice rims and a forum decal on the window.
      Well to all of you that are showing the CB7 decal (mine was stolen with 1st wagon) roll and leave the aggression at home or can it....life is better without it.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Well, it's jealousy at times. If the wagon looks better than mine then I no be your friend.

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
        So True. I could see if my wagon looked like crap and I was like with kids and animals in it, or even a random wagon trying to show off. But my wagon is fully detailed, has nice rims and a forum decal on the window.
        Well to all of you that are showing the CB7 decal (mine was stolen with 1st wagon) roll and leave the aggression at home or can it....life is better without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          Well, it's jealousy at times. If the wagon looks better than mine then I no be your friend.
          Seriously? Not a true Honda mod attitude. I get inspiration from rides that look better than mine, and there is ALWAYS another car that looks better. There is no limit to the imagination and the thousands of variations on our cars. What should be done is a window rolled down and a thumbs up from the driver as if saying "Nice ride and it's Honda!" Would be trouble if I had a Vettte, or Camero.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

The biggest downside to the honda scene. 95% of these posers now a days have no respect for others. In the honda scene, import community and in general the entire car community is getting this way.
            1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
            For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
              The biggest downside to the honda scene. 95% of these posers now a days have no respect for others. In the honda scene, import community and in general the entire car community is getting this way.
              As we were passing the other Hondas...My son had a dreaded feeling one of them would pull out a gun. That is how aggressive they were. I expected one to open the window and give a ....but no. What's wrong with these people!!

I won't roll with you guys to the CAM meet, but as you roll..remember this post!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

One of the main reasons why I sold my Accord Felt great when the occasional person came up to talk about it at a gas station etc. and we could chat about cars, styles, parts, old times etc. At meets/events it felt like people either looked down on it, were jealous of it, or were shady and parting it out in their mind. Wound up hating the need to feel paranoid all the time. Wish I could have seen more of the 90's import scene.
                Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

I've noticed this too. Had an incident at my work with a kid that owns a 92/93 CB. I know this kid, which is why this incident pisses me off even mopre, because I've offered to help him with his Accord. So, about a month after the last time I saw him, him and his buddies roll by my work and yell some obscenities and throw food all over my car while driving by in his Accord (I have a '90 EX Sedan).

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                    I don't understand this. Do you know its someone here or what?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

maybe its because of where i live but i have never had any negitivity towards my car other than 2 people in a civic laughing at my exhaust.

i have had way more complements than insults in my 4 years of owning the car
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                        maybe its because of where i live but i have never had any negitivity towards my car other than 2 people in a civic laughing at my exhaust.
                        Laughing and pointing?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Dont you guys on the west coast go hogging up all the hate!
                          Same thing happens over here too.
                          I myself have never EVER went through this . Guys with toyotas nissans volkswagens and even fords have saw me driving and gave me thumbs up with nice compliments . Volkswagen people were the nicest people by far. Even though my passat is long gone , they still give my accord and respect. I was also invited to roll with a group of vw guys with my honda to waterfest.
                          Honda guys? Nope. I talk to them, they think they are the shit. Laugh ,tease,snicker,talk shit and most of all brag. No type of unity at all. If you dont know them they look and stare at you, and possibly point.
                          And OMFG if i go to another car meet and someone asks me if i have vtec i might have heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                            Volkswagen people were the nicest people by far.
                            yeah I raced a guy in a vr6 TDI hatch looking thing the other day. (I don't know VW) nice guy, had fun with eachother and played nice for 2 lights then parted ways.

on the other hand at a meet with my crew, my friend has a 5 speed is300 and someone there had a sweet L tuned wagon with a 5 speed which is rare. my friend compliments him and asked a question the guy just shrugged it off, total douche. that was the last meet I was at.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Seems like point of my post was lost. Peeps on the street are not even looking at Honda's. At least not wagons....yet.
                              I was coming back from AZ on the 10 and came on a convoy of I think Civics and a few sedans. I tried to merge in and hoped they understood I was a Honda too! But they got all mean and not a to be seen even though I did. I'm sure they could see I am a over 50 guy in a great looking wagon and go..."That old dude likes Honda's! Look at his wagon....nice"
                              This "hate" came from other Honda owners, that is what got me. My wagon is a super clean frost nice looking Accord. Not overly modded, but just enough to say "niiiiice". Nothing about it is aggressive. Maybe it's just the mentality of Civic drivers...

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                              X