No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also you don't bolt down the center console with it attached to the car. You bolt it down and then place the center console over it and put in the 2 screws through the 2 lower button openings, way easier.
    I installed it all complete then down on the body. I need like a magnetic socket to keep the 10mm bolts held in while I slide an extension down in there to get them in. Idk I’ll have to try it the way I think you’re describing it lol.

I do have one pic that kinda shows it.

I folded it down in the back and glued it. It’s about as good as I can do it. The whole piece of leather is a tad wider and longer so it won’t be perfect. There’s no good way to do the rear besides folding it down.

On the TL stalk. I have not installed it yet.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. It's taken almost all of the interior parts from the thread detailing non-CB parts that fit onto the CB and combined them into one car. The car looks amazing, too!

I have a black-dyed CB carpet now, as well as a black carpet from my old '03 CLS6 that I planned to fit into the Accord. With how this one has turned out, I may scrap that idea and just find a '98-'99 CL with good carpet and grab that! It looks dark enough to pass in a black interior. Is there any extra jute or padding on the back of it, as opposed to the CB carpet?
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Today I hit the two paps that are closer in my area. I got a nice gray dash. Finally. The sedan also had gray leather. Very rare. The door panels them selves were all messed up. Since the leather was already pulling away from the panels but not torn anywhere I just removed the arm rests and pulled the leather the rest of the way from the panel. They are still very usable and they can be attached to a nicer set of gray door panels. I’m going to do this the next time I come across leather on panels that are jacked up. I’ve already seen brown leather twice and passed it up. No more. With so many of us opting for nicer leather seats from other cars, the icing on the cake is the door panels with leather to match.
        I also took down my headliner and fitted in the map/homelink and wired in the driver vanity mirror light. Here’s a pic:

This driver vanity mirror light is apparently very hard to find. I can’t figure out if it belongs on a certain model. From SE to DX I have not seen another like it. It might be just a weird option. Maybe from the dealer. The chome mount is thicker than the passenger side. Idk why. I’m still pretty stoked I found it.

I got done late of course. I don’t hate the fall and winter months but I do hate the short daylight this time of year. I’ll get better pics tomorrow. I gotta fine tune the maplights mounting bracket. There’s not much room between the moonroof assembly metal and the headliner.

~Mark~

Comment

I think that the sunvisors with lit units are from EX CD Accords. As you noted the chrome mount is a thicker mounting, but the shape of the overall visor is the same as the CB and allows for them to be installed pretty easily.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

You might be right. Maybe it’s not hard to find at all. You just gotta look in the right model car lol. I didn’t think CD Accords would have the same color headliners either. If it is the case I’m going to get a CD Accord passenger side one also to match. Learn something new every day lol.

~Mark~

Comment

The sage green metallic '94-'95 Accord is where I got a set from a long time ago.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                I think that the sunvisors with lit units are from EX CD Accords. As you noted the chrome mount is a thicker mounting, but the shape of the overall visor is the same as the CB and allows for them to be installed pretty easily.
                Pretty much all CD Accords have lit sun visors.

Comment

I actually just pulled an SE dash for my wagon as well. You can get the SRS airbag to work but you'll need:

- The mounting tab and bracket ,if you look to the left on the passenger side you should see the bracket and immediately to the right the other tab that is spot welded in place and also grab the RH dashboard bracket since theyre shaped differently to support the right side of the dashboard

- The SRS computer and the harness to the passenger airbag. I believe the SRS units out of the SE are similar to the other models with the addition of the plug for the passenger airbag.

I also noticed that the SEs came with the factory Bose amplifier but is also held in place with factory mounted tabs, youre into the restomod stuff and that SE you posted has the harness cut up I can gladly help you with pulling complete one from the one I found out near me.

Good work man, this is what I miss most about the forums that you dont get on the FB pages people actually posting progress pics.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Yeah this weekend I’m going to that pap to get the SE dash and other black pieces from the Solaris SE. That’s good info for removal and I wanted the Bose amp for my collection too. I’d like to find a Cobalt blue 4 door sedan and put all my black leather interior in it. With a blue top H22 under the hood. That would be very nice.

~Mark~

Comment

Also while I was checking out the Solaris SE last weekend I noticed the top half of the car had the same light gray/blue plastics & headliner as the white cars do. I did this same concept in my car and then I come to find that Honda did this to with an OE dark interior. Brought a smile to my face.

~Mark~

Comment

Ok calling all gray interior 4 doors! Ditch that dingy old cloth for some sexy leathers. These can easily be fitted to your stock sedan door panels. I’d put a thin layer of foam behind it also. I might find some nice gray panels to put these on before I offer them up but for those who can’t wait. Pm me. We can talk. These aren’t an everyday find. Especially in gray.

Moving on to tonight’s project. After putting in the CL carpet in my car I realized that my door panels were still the old style carpet strips. When you close the doors you can really see the difference. So I recently cut the passenger side front carpet out of an Acura CL. It is the only part of the CL carpet that is long enough (without a bunch of folds) that I can cut the door carpet pattern piece from. I layed out the drivers side piece I took from my old tan panel. The disgustingly dirty tan piece is literally how the whole interior used to be lol. I forgot to save the passenger side but I’ll get another one.

I cut the piece out after this pic then did a quick fit to my drivers side panel. I could instantly tell how much nicer it will look, not to mention match. Once it’s cleaned up some more I should be able to pull the old stuff off to glue and fit this new piece. Stay tuned.

~Mark~

Comment

So I got a chance today to get another carpet piece from a 98 CL.
                          I cut out the patterns and got everything glued and tucked. Looks allot better.

You can see the difference in the two types of carpet and color.

Inside and mounted you can see the two match up nicely.

~Mark~

Comment

Wow that is great work man. 3 questions though:

- How did you get that CRV radio to work? Is it just plug and play?
                            - I see you eliminated the key portion of the ignition..would you mind making a DIY for it?
                            - Whered you get the trim ring for the manual transmission from?

You made quick work of this car in good short time of only a year. haha
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The 2007 CRV stereo wires up like any other. I bought the stereo (with its code of course) I also bought an aftermarket generic pig tail harness that plugs into the stereo. Then I just cross referenced the wires to connect between the CB chassis stereo wiring diagram and the right year CRV stereo wiring diagram. I cut the CB plug off too. The CRV stereo really needs an amp powering everything else sound wise as it is very weak. I’m pretty sure they were all routed to factory amps in CRVs anyways. I’m going to ditch this stereo when I put my new dash in. I decided to go with convenience over a nostalgic look. So 2 din touch screen it is.

I do have all the pics for a diy on the easygard system with push button start. I think I can put something together here soon.

The ring around the shifter is from a 98-99 Acura CL. It’s modded to sit flush. Well actually now that I remember the shifter bezel that holds the shift boot in was cut down flush to the top of the console also.

~Mark~

Comment

Love the car man!

It'd be amazing if you did a DIY on your push button and all that, I would most definitely do that to my CB.

What shift knob/boot is that? Looks really nice, the boot connects flush to the knob.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X