Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hello all, newb poster here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, newb poster here

Decided to finally join the forum since I've learned so much from many of you that post here. Figured I'd sign up and be able to interact with you folks who know these cars inside and out and show off my little bucket and some of the potentially "new" ideas I've incorporated into my CB. I'll save the cars introduction for my own ride thread once I figure out how to post pics.

Anyway just saying hi from the east coast, love the site

Welcome!
    Where on the east coast are you?

Comment

Connecticut

Lot of Honda folks out here, not too many CB7 aficionados if you will though. I rev my 2.2 at all the cute little Civics and Integras lol, most of which can probably drag my ass in a race

Comment

As of now I am the proud owner of a 93 SE sedan AND a 90 LX sedan.

Just drove the heap of crap home, no brakes, no temp gauge, a misfire, barely any lights, and a hope and a prayer not to see any cops

Not bad for $150

Comment

Originally posted by AhYesCB7 View Post
          Connecticut

Lot of Honda folks out here, not too many CB7 aficionados if you will though. I rev my 2.2 at all the cute little Civics and Integras lol, most of which can probably drag my ass in a race
          Trust me. CT has a good amount of enthusiasts...they don't lurk around here much though.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Yeah I've met a few people who had Accords that were nice and clean but stock, I haven't seen any DOHC swaps or anything really modded yet. Definitely want to take it to a meet and park it next to something minty just to get a laugh.

Plenty of Civics and Integras and stuff in my hood but I'm interested in the CB7. I almost bought a 90 Civic hatch before I jumped on my SE, glad I chose the Accord. The hatch was a 5 speed though

Comment

Nice picture! Is there exhaust on the SE? Also is the white one a DX with a painted bumper or a an LX?
              The SE looks painted ? Do you know the OEM color of it?

Looks like you have a lot of promising fun ahead of you. Good luck and hopefully we can all help whenever you get snagged.

Comment

Nope the SE is missing the exhaust from the rear wheels back, the white one has air conditioning so I can only imagine its a real LX. The SE has some junky paint job on it and in spots the original Arcadia Green is poking through. Im gonna wet sand it and buff it back, the clear is still there.

Thank you, Im really happy with it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  Trust me. CT has a good amount of enthusiasts...they don't lurk around here much though.
                  Originally posted by AhYesCB7 View Post
                  Nope the SE is missing the exhaust from the rear wheels back, the white one has air conditioning so I can only imagine its a real LX. The SE has some junky paint job on it and in spots the original Arcadia Green is poking through. Im gonna wet sand it and buff it back, the clear is still there.

Thank you, Im really happy with it so far.
                  The SE would have been Brittany Blue Green Metallic. Arcadia Green is a normal CB7 color (LX and EX, I believe... I don't think any DX ever got that color.)
                  If the LX has power windows and locks, then yes, it's a legit LX. No reason anyone would swap badges from base to mid anyway! AC was optional on DX models, so its presence doesn't necessarily indicate a higher level. Most DX models I've seen have had AC installed. Not usually working, and enthusiasts usually rip it out (especially since the DX is the lightest of the CBs), but I can't recall seeing any in person that didn't have it installed at one point.

What's with the SE's rear bumper? Looks like it's hanging on the passenger side there.

Comment

If I recall the paint code is Type G in the door sill, back when I first got the car I was getting Brittany Blue as the color in my research but the car looks very green lol.

Yes the white one is definitely an LX it has power locks and windows. And yeah the bumper is falling off on the SE, the only real rust on the car is right where the bumper slide fits onto the clips. Im planning on putting that LX bumper on and throwing the SE lip on it. I kind of like the sharper angles of the 90 bumper, and its not permanently warped

Comment

Any of you guys have access to like build numbers? Id love to know how many of mine they built.

Comment

Type G is the interior color. Paint codes are here. The pictures don't work, obviously... because Photobucket sucks big ol' donkey nuts.

I have yet to find any definitive production numbers. I'd love to find some reliable numbers to keep on hand here on the forum!

The he LX was definitely among the most common. The SE was pretty rare, as it only existed in 1991 and 1993. Both years got unique colors (and the only CB to get a black leather interior was the Solaris Silver 91 SE. All other SE models got a tan interior. I suppose the proper terms are "charcoal" and "ivory".) The SE was also obscenely expensive. Accounting for inflation, a 1993 SE sold for about $37,000 before options! ($22,100 MSRP in 1993) Honda was still emerging as a quirky, reliable, efficient automaker at that time, so the expectation that people would pay so much for one was optimistic. They did sell, but the numbers were limited. People opted to save 20&#37; by buying the lower trim models.

Comment

Interesting indeed. I don't like to let it be known but my SE is a Sayama baby. More JDM than you can shake a stick at. I can imagine that might make it particularly rare.

I really love the SE models, this was the mini Legend from a technical perspective so the leather is really fitting. Its missing some of those really high end options, but thats up to us to fill in those blanks.

Comment

I see now the color code on the door sill is G-62P, Geneva Green Pearl, I like it but dang the door sill paint)looks darker than google pics, Id call it british racing green it looks that dark

Comment

Oh yeah. Forgot about the Geneva green! How's the leather condition? It's rare to find nice SE leather anymore. Most drivers seats especially are trashed.

Still usdm. Plenty of sedans were made in Japan. All coupes and wagon, even jdm models, were made in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                              X