Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating

I just did a water pump and Tbelt. My car is not leaking, I can smell a bit of coolent, but its not leaking Im dry top to bottom. Ive noticed my reservoir is not taking extra or coolant in or shooting back coolant into the radiator. I did replace the after market radiator cap from AutoZone. If I'm vamping, I'm thinking a pressure kit test. What do you think?
    Oh, gonna double check my ignition timing, I might be off a bit.

Did you bleed your system? I would recommend that first. You may smell coolant if you spilled some in the engine compartment. If you don't see smoke when the engine warms up, you may be ok.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

No smoke. today I was running a bit hot again, did not red line. Waited for it to kewel down and check my coolant level in my radiator, and it appeared to be level. I did the standard, throw ur heater on and burmp my system to get all the air out. My fans do kick on, but its still gets hot. Im gonna swap out my rad cap out and I gonna take a look at me thermostat next. Both top and bottom hoses are hot and pressured.

Comment

I'd for sure triple check your timing. Do both of your heater hoses get hot? Maybe check the sender to make sure it's working properly.

Comment

I will double check tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X