Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
    Wow that's really clean looking nice job I need to do something with my brakes etc.....
    thanks man

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
    Damn bro! Very nice! We on the same page, I have same SPC & Poly UCA set-up- not pictured

BTW, your rotors are backwards...
    I've heard someone say this before. And I've seen them installed both ways prior. i'm not sure it makes a difference in the cooling capability or pad wear. I ended up doing it this way because any heat, debris, etc. trapped in the slots is pushed to the outside of the rotor going forward and not to the inside. And the slots do not matter as much as the internal veins. But i'll double check them tonight, you may be correct. Been a while since i checked the veins on them...

Comment

How I see it they would brake better since the slots are going against the pad as opposed to how you have them where it goes over in a smoother way, if you understand what I am saying.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
        How I see it they would brake better since the slots are going against the pad as opposed to how you have them where it goes over in a smoother way, if you understand what I am saying.
        I do, but the slots are for dissipating heat and I'm sure collects brake dust.
        There's also a debate going on for this. But the fins in these EBC rotors are straight fins. But I can still see the slotted section collecting brake dust. With the direction they are on now the dust would be carried away to the outside of the rotor when going forward. but ya, the majority say i do have these backwards but not sure why I want heat pushed to the center of the rotor.
        Last edited by Raf99; 02-21-2015, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Now I want to turn my rotors around, but doubt I'll be able to do it without a press

Comment

Dynamat, will you add some mlv to that or would that be too much weight?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Dynamat, will you add some mlv to that or would that be too much weight?
                Weights not an issue anymore, but i may just go with padded rug rather than MLV.

Comment

I know its probably to late, since you already have it, but...
                  Dynomat is expensive shit. Have you ever heard of a company called Be-Quiet?

It`s a Canadian company that makes the same thing if not better for cheaper, it what I used in my car throughout everything. Very satisfied with there stuff.

Keep up the good work on this extremely nice build. P.S. I got your UCA bolt....lol
                  Last edited by DanCan; 02-23-2015, 12:07 AM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                    I know its probably to late, since you already have it, but...
                    Dynomat is expensive shit. Have you ever heard of a company called Be-Quiet?

It`s a Canadian company that makes the same thing if not better for cheaper, it what I used in my car throughout everything. Very satisfied with there stuff.

Keep up the good work on this extremely nice build. P.S. I got your UCA bolt....lol
                    Heard of it, researched it and in the end decided "you pay fo what you get". Think too bquiet couldn't match Dynomat ultimate. I may still try it, i have a lot to do.

Thanks again for the bolt. It's pretty much put a halt to the right side..

Comment

Comment

Got some new rear hubs and axles. Glad I got the axles as the old ones are super loose compared to the new ones...

Comment

Congrats on AOM, Keep up the good work!
                          Originally posted by Quashish
                          Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
                          Quashish dictionary
                          Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
                          To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

Originally posted by choppacity View Post
                            Congrats on AOM, Keep up the good work!
                            Thank you & I appreciate you stopping by!

Comment

Big thanks to DanCan here!

You are looking at:
                              - New axles
                              - New upper poly control arm bushings
                              - New poly stabilizer bushings
                              - New lower control arms
                              - New inner/outer tie rods
                              - New inner axle seal
                              - EBC drilled/slotted rotors
                              - EBC brake pads
                              - Braided brake lines
                              - ESP traction bar
                              - SPC +/-3.0 camber kit
                              - Tein Super Street coilovers

New hardware, undercoated the area before all parts went in..........and we are finally done the front end!

Only thing I am concerned with is that i heard somewhere its best to torque the lower control arm inner bolt after the car is on the ground and not before. Same goes with the upper control arm bushing bolts.

Comment

Yes sir....No need to put the wheel on though. Leave those bolts a bit loose and slowly drop the knuckle down onto a jack stand/4x4/log of wood. Once the suspension bottoms out from the weight of the vehicle, torque those bots to spec.

looking good!
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X