F22B1 Map Sensor causing misfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B1 Map Sensor causing misfire?

My girlfriend has a BB1 (VTEC) that has a F22B1 that was swapped into her car because the H22 took a dump. Long story short she traded and ended up with this BB1. There are 3 things so far that aren't hooked up to this engine.
    1. Map Sensor
    2. What looks to be like a temp sensor (I would infer so as it it similar to the F22A/H22A ect)
    3. And a 3rd plug that is also where a coolant hose is.

My question is this: Since the previous own used the H22 Harness what would need to be changed or how would one fix this issue of the misfire and the lack of Map sensor?

The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

You need to hook up the MAP sensor. Unless the BB1 uses the same firewall mounted MAP sensor that the CBs use.

The 2nd and 3rd connectors are the two temperature switches for your fan control. (Temp switch B is the one that is broken) You should probably get them hooked up if you want the rad fans to work properly.

Is the ECT sensor hooked up? Should be the 2 wire sensor located under the distributor. I can see that the temp gauge sensor is hooked up.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
    X