Glad to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to help

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd let you guys know that I have about 3 years of professional experience installing stereos/alarms/lights/custom electronics/custom interiors. I've worked at Auto Sound Syndicate, Circuit City Roadshop and Audio Express. I'd be happy to help out with any wiring/electrical problems anyone is having. I know 4th gen Accords very well so any problem you're having should not be a problem for me to help you with. Hope your projects are working out for you and happy modding!

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

good to know man... ive read some of your some your posts and you seem very knowledgable.. hope u enjoy your stay here at cb7
    DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
    PC: *searching*

Comment

i am the same way with u acclude91 worked for circuit city for 3 years doin most of that crap too. alarms/audio/t.v.s no custom work tho i wanna learn but maybe later

Comment

That's cool! It sounds like we have a lot in common. I've been a backyard installer and backyard mechanic for as long as I can remember. Electrical stuff is the only thing I've done professionally, but it's starting to look like my own shop is starting to come together and I'm doing ANYTHING to cars including motor work, motor swaps, tranny swaps, part replacement, performance parts, body work, custom parts, custom interiors, and even basic oil changes and maintenance. I'm trying to do it ALL and I have quite a bit of work lined up too. So if you guys are looking for a knowledgeable shop in the Richmond VA area to work on your car, hit me up. BTW, I haven't come up with a shop name yet, but I'm thinking "Midnite Mechanix" cause I seem to do more work on cars at night than any other time of day.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

lol thats kool. i like the name of the shop "Midnite Mechanix" good luck on that

Comment

hey acclude how much you think itll run me for a tranny swap in my 98 civic.. just curious...

Comment

What kind of tranny swap? auto to 5speed? or keeping the tranny type the same and just changing the tranny itself? That would make a difference. I know most shops charge at least $50-80 per hour but I wouldn't charge that much. A typical shop would do it for around $700-800 or so for a straight replacement (no auto to 5speed conversion), I'd probably do it for around $500 depending on what all needs to be done. I don't have a car lift so I'd have to actually pull the motor to do it while a shop with a lift can just drop it from the bottom while leaving you motor in place. With a tranny conversion, it could easily cost $1000 from a shop and I'd of course do it for a few hundred less. I hope that's what you were looking for.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

yea auto to 5 spd was what i was lookin for.. it probably wouldnt be anything to do soon... but next summer id def be interested.. and maybe youd have a lift by then...

Comment

i just had a q for you guys. i dont know whats going on with my radio. i'm selling my 91 accord se cause i wanrt 2 get a 2 door se and have a system but i leaft the stock radio in. The only problem now is it will not play the radio will be on butu can hear ish. when ever i have it on and go over a bump it will come on and off. i know the speakers are good cause there new. i just wanted 2 know how 2 fix that problem. i just dont know what 2 mess with cause everything looks like it should be. i just think that the radio aint hook up good. cause it will go on and off when ever i hiy bumps. can you guys help out

Comment

Just to let you guys know im a MECP certified Mobile Electronics Teacher

Comment

yaya got a question about the tanny swap thingy,,

i have a 5 spd.. i have the tranny and ill have the lighten flywheel and new clutch, how much u think the're charge?
                      86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

Working...
                      X