CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
Mrms595
Newcomer

Mrms595 is cool... so far.
Post F22B in 93 Accord SE?

I just want to know if a F22b Fits into a 1993 Honda Accord SE, and is there any thing I need to know about this swap? Does it require any modifications?
Mrms595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Yes, it will fit. It has been covered pretty extensively on this site.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
Yes they physically fit into your chassis and will bolt up to your transmission. Modifications depend on which variant of the F22B you are referring to. Is it OBDI (94-95) or OBDII (96-97)? Is it a SOHC F22B1 VTEC, SOHC F22B2 Non VTEC or the DOHC F22B Non VTEC?

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
Mrms595
Newcomer

Mrms595 is cool... so far.
Is the F22B shown on this website. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/motor-m...ccord-dx-94-97
Mrms595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
That would be the equivalent to the US SOHC F22B2. Not sure what year Japan moved to OBDII, might be OBDII and not require you to do any OBD rewiring.

But to answer your initial question. Yes that will bolt right into your car. What wiring is required is probably covered in detail in a thread on this site.

by Chappy, on Flickr
GhostAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
wagon-r
CB7tuner Member

wagon-r seems to have made some friends! wagon-r seems to have made some friends!
Why would you want to make the swap? There is no performance advantage over the stock 1993 Accord engine and you will likely have some problems things like wiring, mounting brackets, and water hose locations.
wagon-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quite true. In fact, that engine makes 10hp less than the 93 SE's stock F22A6. It's not a terribly difficult swap, but it's a lot of work for a loss of 10hp! I assumed you were asking about the DOHC F22B, not the F22B2. That's the only one even remotely worth swapping into a CB7.

If you need a new engine. Hmotorsonline is definitely a good place to shop. If you want an upgrade, go with the H22A. If you just need a replacement, give Steve a call and ask him to find you an F22A. They don't have them listed on the site, but I guarantee they could find a good one for you. The F22A6 you have now is the best F22A available in the US. There were some slightly more powerful ones (150hp) found in other countries, but they aren't worth the likely premium. All F22A engines are identical internally, so you could get any F22A (such as the base F22A1) and swap your camshaft, valve springs, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, ECU, and windage tray (found in the oil pan) and you'll have an F22A6. Those are the only parts that are different.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1993 , accordse , f22b

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: