No announcement yet.

islandhopper : 1990 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your coupes coming along nicely,Im liking it more and more.Keep up the good work with it!

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      They made convertible s13's in other states.
      Really? that's funny...he was very certain this was a model made specifically for cali. Maybe there is something special to set it apart from others...regardless, its fucking beautiful. He's also a tech and did a full rebuild on the motor and re-did all the bushings. it is smooth and silky. i really want it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
        Your coupes coming along nicely,Im liking it more and more.Keep up the good work with it!
        Thanks dude! i love your CB. it has inspired me from time to time...makes me want a paint job...but im mostly concerned with the go-parts for now..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Thanks for the compliment.Ive been seeing your sig pic more and more and just had to scope your MRT.I was gonna paint mine a lighter blue,almost laurel but, stuck with a darker shade since it was originally cobalt blue.In time,youll get it all together.So far,Im impressed!

Comment

Tried to tuck up my exhaust as much as i could...but i was only able to move a couple sections up maybe a 1/4in...

Anyone have any tricks or tips for tuckin' pipes?

My main concern is the down-pipe. It's an A4 DP attached to a DC Sports header. They don't share the same geometry, so the flex pipe REALLY flexes...Has anyone else encountered this problem and come up with a solution?

Another problem area is the elbow. it drops down too much. Ive tried to loosen the fasteners and adjust it, but it goes right back to this no matter what i do. Suggestions?

I think i'll just have to find the right down-pipe that has the proper angles...as for the elbow...IDFK

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

make the hangers shorter to suck it closer to the car for the back the downpipe not too sure bro
              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                make the hangers shorter...
                How? Cut em and re bend them? Use different rubber pieces or substitute them for something else?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                  How? Cut em and re bend them? Use different rubber pieces or substitute them for something else?
                  cut them, shorten them and reattatch them
                  Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
                    ...reattatch them
                    By welding them? Gluing them? Willing them to stay with my kinetic mind powers?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

weld them on lol and use smaller harder rubber hangers too they do wear out over time
                      back at it again

Comment

any ideas on what would work best?
                        Ill dig mine up, but they make this stuff, in a pen-style thing that you use to whiten the letters on tires. I found at wal-mart or o'reillys or somewhere like that. It was like a white paint pen. Gotta be careful though, it's like actual paint and is hard to maneuver, lol.

Id either cut/bend hangers or use smaller rubbers. They make different sizes.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                          ...they make this stuff, in a pen-style thing that you use to whiten the letters on tires...It was like a white paint pen...it's like actual paint and is hard to maneuver, lol.

Id either cut/bend hangers or use smaller rubbers. They make different sizes.
                          Nice. I'll have to look for some of that stuff...

And where would i find those smaller, more dense rubbers? Is it like a universal part? most likely from vatozone... Or is there an OEM part from Honda that i can use my discount on?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Nice. I'll have to look for some of that stuff...

And where would i find those smaller, more dense rubbers? Is it like a universal part? most likely from vatozone... Or is there an OEM part from Honda that i can use my discount on?
                            yeah you can find them any where
                            back at it again

Comment

do like the way she sounds bro
                              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form
                                Thanks. I can't wait till i get the H23 Intake set-up...should make more noise.
                                yeah
                                back at it again

Comment

Working...
                                X