Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hearing a rattling sound? y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hearing a rattling sound? y?

ok i'm new to this whole car thing but interested to learning all i can.. but ne ways....i've go 2 questions..... every time i go over a bump sumthin under my hood rattles.. like sumthin is loose...what could it be...oh my car is 98 mazda 626.... also sumtimes when i crank my car its like the belt is loose....it squeals.....how do i tighten that up?? if thats even the problem...
    Life, Ride it til the wheels fall of

maybe youd have better luck going to a mazda forum? my suegstion is just to open the hood and move everything to see whats loose, you could try spraying soem anit squel on the belts

My Members Ride Page

Comment

we cant help you.
      DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

try rattling your hood with your hands, to see if the hood latch is loose.

Comment

Originally posted by stang_lover_grl
          ok i'm new to this whole car thing but interested to learning all i can.. but ne ways....i've go 2 questions..... every time i go over a bump sumthin under my hood rattles.. like sumthin is loose...what could it be...oh my car is 98 mazda 626.... also sumtimes when i crank my car its like the belt is loose....it squeals.....how do i tighten that up?? if thats even the problem...
          I have to say it.... We do honda here baby not mazda..... But you could try start'n your car, lift the hood and start to put hands on stuff.... Just make sure all of your caps and things are on snugg.... if you can shake it with your hand that may be the issue.... Good luck

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

I would probably give your heat shields for your exhaust a check. That might help. This is a honda forum but oh well people ask questions about other cars at times. This really should be in other automotive but the post count is understandable.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The more specific you are the more help you are going to get.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                The more specific you are the more help you are going to get.

stang_lover_grl: How about opening your hood and push down on your car to imitate your causes and see where the noise could be from. Have someone who knows a bit more about cars and have them stand nearby and listen when you go over bumps (parking lots is a good place to start). You need to be a lot more specific.

Comment

serious? you find this site of all sites, with this being honda exclusive, and you ask mazda questions? I bet your problem is a bushing.

MY RIDE

Comment

Working...
                  X