CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Swaps

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 91 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
esskater892
CB7tuner Member

esskater892 is cool... so far.
a small detail i found out was i ended up using the f22 crank pully cause it has four grooves and the f20b has 5 and it was causing a problem with the alt belt and alignment but the f22a's works perfect.

93se
Members Ride
Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock
esskater892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #22
all_accord
CB7tuner Member

all_accord is cool... so far.
just curious can you all tell me what engine wiring harness is the easiest to use
all_accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
As is the case with nearly any F/H swap the one that came from your car. At least that's the easiest answer. That would, of course, entail you modifying it a bit to add certain things to it.

Or, if you don't have an EX/SE Accord that has IABS then you could get the closest thing to your body style Accord that does. For instance, if you have a '92 DX with a 5-speed then any '92-'93 EX 5-speed engine harness would be perfect. You'll still have to add some wires, but the IAB is already there, at least.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
all_accord
CB7tuner Member

all_accord is cool... so far.
thats what i figured i do in fact have the 92 ex manual harness so the only wires that would really need to be wired in would be the vtech....
also im take a guess and say that the axles are the same.. like in most f/h swaps
all_accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

TracieS seems to have made some friends! TracieS seems to have made some friends!
once its been converted to obd1 its practically a h22 swap tranny axles wiring everything.

STANCE|WORKS

Last edited by TracieS; 10-14-2012 at 08:28 PM.
TracieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #26
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
You mean OBD1, right?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #27
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

TracieS seems to have made some friends! TracieS seems to have made some friends!
yea long day at work and to many bud lights.

STANCE|WORKS
Old 10-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #28
esskater892
CB7tuner Member

FYI: pherable tuning doesnt have IAB's on their computers. but it can be added later, which im going to do so the bottom end isnt bogging as much, just gotta save money for a tune. lol. and for the other build im doing, and for a 77 240 datsun lol.

93se
Members Ride
Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #29
Jarrett
Contributing Member

There's no such thing as a '77 Datsun 240Z.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #30
esskater892
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
There's no such thing as a '77 Datsun 240Z.
ur right a 77 would be a 280, im not exactly sure what year it is, but its either 240 of 280 datsun.

93se
Members Ride
Old 10-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
esskater892
CB7tuner Member

ok its a 1973 240z 4 speed manual.

93se
Members Ride
Old 11-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #32
esskater892
CB7tuner Member

So we all know the cams are different from the auto and the manuel ones. But could i just throw the type s cams or aftermarket ones that are just like the type s ones in and play? I mean i know a tune would be needed but could i drive on it for a little while? Also there hydrolic lifters right? Are thos different from the auto to manuel? Im hoping some one who has taken one of these apart will chime in.

93se
Members Ride
Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #33
almostJDM
Contributing Member

almostJDM is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to almostJDM Send a message via MSN to almostJDM Send a message via Yahoo to almostJDM
Technically yes you could, Type S cams and the manual F20b cams are pretty much the same, but yeah I would hook up a logger to it to see if you need to adjust anything, and no they aren't they are like most if not all Honda engines, you have to manually adjust the valve lash

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
1992 Accord EX Coupe
My FS Thread
Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Last edited by almostJDM; 11-28-2012 at 12:21 AM.
almostJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #34
TEXAS_CB7_25
CB7tuner Member

TEXAS_CB7_25 is cool... so far.
Okay so forgive me if someone answered this already, but i just purchased a f20b, with the auto tranny, the f20b wire harness and the f20b ecu all for $900..
Now i read in this tread that i should use the f22a wire harness that's already on my car and i would then need to swap the top half of the h22 intake manifold along with the h22 obd1 injectors and a few other things..
Now my question is why can't i use the f20b wire harness and ecu and injectors? How difficult would that be?? I had a friend try to tell me it would only need a jumper harness. But his knowledge to cb7's is kinda lacking lol.
once again i thanx for the feed back i would try to search more through the website but im on my android phone at work and its a pain in the ass lol
TEXAS_CB7_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #35
Jarrett
Contributing Member

First off, your question is not an entirely dumb one so giving excuses to why you can't search just opens yourself up for unnecessary criticism. Being on a phone is no excuse, I do it all the time. However, like I said, this is not a stupid question.

You want to use your F22A harness because it will plug into the other harnesses already in the engine bay. If you were going to run the OBD2 F20B harness you'd need to modify a LOT of the existing wiring or get the chassis harnesses from the donor car also. What is so daunting about putting the F22A harness on the F20B? It's nearly the same job as removing the F20B harness and reinstalling it from a difficulty standpoint. You will need to add IAB wiring and you can get the plug end you'll need from a junkyard car. You'll also need to wire up the VTEC solenoid and add a pressure switch from another VTEC car (F22B1s and D16Z6 junkyard cars are great for this.). Again plug ends can be found in the junkyard.

The manifold, injectors and distributor give you options.

You can either swap to an OBD1 plenum that uses a 2-wire IACV or you can get an adapter that will allow you to run your F22A IACV on your OBD2 plenum. Either way, the engine harness and ECU need that 2-wire plenum.

The injectors can either be replaced with OBD1 units and require no modifications or you can delete the resistor box and use the ones that came with the engine.

The distributor is fine but the wiring harness needs to be addressed. You need to either convert your engine harness to 1 connector or your OBD2 distributor to 2. Check out stoner51's thread covering this. It's pretty self-explanatory. Or, if you'd prefer plug and play then an OBD1 H22/H23 ditributor will work fine given that you should already have an external coil.

If you have questions over any of these steps please search them out as they're covered many times on this forum.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #36
axle
CB7tuner Member

axle is cool... so far.
It looks like a pretty straight forward swap minus getting the head gasket and proper timing belt. My question pertains to an already swapped H22 into a CB7. It seems all the parts should already be in the car at this point. I know if I was going to swap out my H22 for a F20B there are going to be somethings that Mr. Murphy will throw at me. My guess is wiring if anything.

Onto the question now, I don't see any reason why the H22 exhaust manifold would not just bolt up to the F20B. I read on this forum and honda-tech that it should work, please correct me if I am wrong. Along with that I can take a lot of parts, VTEC Solenoid, Distributor, Intake Manifold and my chipped ECU (getting it retuned if I complete this swap) from my H22.

The final question I have is that the driver side engine mount I have for the H22 should just bolt in with the F20B, correct me if I am wrong please.

hmotorsonline also sells F20B head gaskets, although not the full kit it is the head gasket for the F20B. In a pinch those that can't afford the full kit from TracieS's link can get one there.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #37
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Yes to all of your questions.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #38
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

I would like to add there are a million and one ways to make this swap work but as I stated this is the easiest and most logical way to go about it.

STANCE|WORKS
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #39
TracieS
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
hmotorsonline also sells F20B head gaskets, although not the full kit it is the head gasket for the F20B. In a pinch those that can't afford the full kit from TracieS's link can get one there.
Added to first post

STANCE|WORKS
Old 02-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #40
axle
CB7tuner Member

axle is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Yes to all of your questions.
Straight and to the point, Thanks for the answer Jarrett.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f20b , jdm , vtakkk , vtec

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: