No announcement yet.

lets talk about vaping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I was advocating, is that if you REALLY want to stop smoking, you will.

I did. I smoked for 5 years, at the end smoking a pack a day.

I woke up one day, and said fuck this, and quit. Relapsed a few times, but eventually I quit and never looked back, COLD TURKEY.

If you can't and are sucessfully using vaping to slow down, that's cool, because imo, vaping is nothing more then a cool way to use the patch or nicotine gum.

The difference is you still have the motions of holding a cigg, inhaling, etc.

Those ARE habits, and if you can break the habits of actually smoking, then you'll be better off.

Anyone who smokes knows that you want one after a big meal, sex, when you hop in the car etc.

So break those mental habits and you'll lose the physical habit.

I see vaping as a crutch, you're substituting one for the other. Ok no carcinogens, no chemicals from a burn, etc etc...

but vaping has chemicals and probably shit that is NOT divuldged on the label...

Unless you make your own shit in your own lab, how do you truly know what the fuck is in it? And yes, that goes for food as well.

All im saying, is I would not look to vaping for long term support. Use it to slow down and come off of it, because id be weary of doing anything long term that is questionable and has no data to show that it's safe long term. Otherwise, why not just keep smoking?

Comment

I have made my own shisha and ecig juice before. I do not use tobacco anymore but had a phase with vaporizing.

You don't need a lab, just food safe pg/vg, a vial of pure nicotene, and a syringe to make ecig juice in your own home.

Shisha, I just used flavored pipe tobacco and pg/vg.

But my point is that even if you rolled your own cigarettes at home, you still don't know exactly what is in the tobacco blend unless you grew the tobacco yourself. The laundry list of items thrown into cigarettes is miles longer than what goes into ecig juice and even more cryptic and toxic, so I would not recommend people to smoke them out of health fears of ecigs as an ecig is based around water vapor (humidity) and we can naturally handle water vapor in our lungs.

I also agree that if a person wants to quit they should do it cold turkey, that is what I did and haven't looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
        with vaping i feel better.

-no more digging for a deep breath.
        -no more sweating over the most minor exertion.
        -no more upset stomach which i assumed came from smoking and presumably did considering it has since stopped (note: feeling WAY better is a big plus)
        -no more smelling like smoke.
        -I can do it in my house or car, without the lingering smell of smoke left over to offend.
        -i can kiss my wife without her being put of by the smell of smoke
        -I look better.
        -teeth are a few shades whiter.
        -my face doesnt have that catchers mit look like it did.
        -wrinkles under my eyes are reduced too.
        -all in all I feel more alive after 2 months than i have over the past 6 years
        -smoking is point blank period a death sentence.

-sean

These are the reasons I quit smoking.

Even though all of these things were going on in your life, you didn't quit though did you? You switched to vaping. I hope this choice eventually leads to you being able to quit, which is one of if not the strongest reasons I support the hobby.

Knowing that your smoking habit was so easy to offend other people(you pointed out several observations that many people would and are put out by), can't you understand that there should also be a time and a place for "vaping?" I mean, I'm sure you can relate to what I am saying, but maybe you just haven't experienced it yet or wouldn't react exactly the way I do. But are you really trying to suggest that the situations don't come up where people SHOULD be considerate of others but really aren't, and THAT is what leads to laws, regulations and bullshit?

That is my point. And, to rant a little bit about the asshats I have dealt with that "vape" in your face and don't think twice about it. I think that is bullshit, like the guy at the junkyard or the stupid kid at Wal-Mart.

You wouldn't think it was a bit much after living through that? I do. I happen to think that most people would think it was bullshit.

As a hobby or whatever, I think its a great option for people. I don't have anything against it at all.

SO anyways, yeah, I get the impression that the posts saying people need to chill out and what not are referring to me. And thats cool.

I just want to clearly point out that I haven't said shit about the hobby itself. However, there is a bunch of people that take part in the hobby that are generally asshole fucking douch canoes and they are going to ruine it for all of you.

If that makes me some pretensious over bearing shit bag, so be it. I don't live in some "yuppy" part of the city either. I actually live in what most people consider to be the historic part of town. Hasncom park area specifically. I live down the street from where Gerald Ford was born. There are houses in my neighborhood that are 120 years old. There are 200+ blocks of "new" city to the west of me-where the yuppies live.

Anyways, I have no grypes about the hobby and support the idea of an alternative to smoking. I personally quit cold turkey in college, a lifetime ago. I know how hard it can be to quit. This seems like a great option for smokers.

Do you smoke in the diaper aisle now? Didn't think so. So why people think "vaping" in the aisle is any more acceptable is just beyond me. And also, the negative vibe Im getting in the thread is kind of silly in my eyes. Im not knocking the hobby, Im slamming the assholes that have no decency or common courtesy. Christ, hows about I don't take a shower for a month and then go offend people in public.

Then, when they get upset for something reasonable, people should act like THEY are the assholes for being upset about my smell? Really? Nice way of thinking I guess. Just goes to show that people generally could care less about other people and have even less respect for others' space.

Case and point;

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
        if you meant uninformed as in the general public then they can go fuck themselves

Manors and common decency have basically vanished in society so its no surprise to me that most people don't get what Im saying.

Some people are going to ruine it for all of you and those people are riding the trendy, obnoxious, Im going to do whatever I can for attention thing. A year from now they will smoke cigg's again, and you will still vape because of your genuine desire to do so compared to them riding the obnoxious trendy wave of whats cool and new right now. Then the masses are going to make laws around the hobby and then all of you will be pissed dealing with the consequences of assholes that don't even contribute to your hobby anymore.

Mark my words, this will happen.

For any of you that haven't observed this type of behavior, well, good for you. I have, repeatedly. Vaping has been trending in Omaha for 6 months or so. Lots of people are doing it here and what I have been describing happens all over the place, all the time.
        Last edited by toycar; 09-25-2013, 10:00 AM.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I treat smoking an Ecig as i would a regular cigarette and dont think any special permissions should be given to anyone who vapes. It would be nice for people not to care but we all have to be real as you are, toycar, they will care and we have to be considerate, which i am. I dont blame you entirely for you prejudice against assholes being assholes for the sake of their weak arguement that "its not smoke". I think you are right to be clear. so excuse my cheekyness in your direction. i dont oppose your stance. everything is cool.

my main concern is to not dilute my message with negative banter but tout the serious benefits that these devices offer.

Im good and youre good. I do commiserate with your point of view. I do hate to think that a select few of very inconsiderate people in your area have left you with a negative viewpoint in the matter. trendy douchbags that stood in line for their Iphone 5s version 2.3.5.7.4.6, vente skinny decafe mocha latte, and vape stick blowing vapor all over everyone wearing their too cool for school attitudes clearly has the least amount of class their is

now that i understand you more just keep hatin em. I hate em too. which is why im not like them. I never started it as a trend. never met someone who vaped prior to me starting and havent since, aside from you guys here. I do it to help myself. nothing more

-sean
          Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 09-25-2013, 06:33 PM.
          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

i dont vape as a trend. i vape because i like it. i like everything about it. i woke up one day and said fuck cigs. i went to my buddy and told him that i wanted to quit smoking and he got me hooked on vaping.

also, what i ment by the go fuck yourself comment is if people thing im vaping drugs they can go to hell.
            visit vgruk

Comment

also, what i ment by the go fuck yourself comment is if people thing im vaping drugs they can go to hell.
              I don't think this helps your case much in his eyes. I'm sure there's a counter case where your own prejudice and discrimination causes you to have some misunderstanding about somebody/something else. Imagine them feeling the same way about you. Perhaps you're trying to say that the way that would then make you feel compels you to not be/do whatever it was that was the issue in the first place? Then just say that: you need to not be ignorant/whatever to begin with, and you're not.

Otherwise, that's just a terrible view to have in my opinion.

Comment

I treat smoking an Ecig as i would a regular cigarette and dont think any special permissions should be given to anyone who vapes. It would be nice for people not to care but we all have to be real as you are, toycar, they will care and we have to be considerate, which i am. I dont blame you entirely for you prejudice against assholes being assholes for the sake of their weak arguement that "its not smoke". I think you are right to be clear. so excuse my cheekyness in your direction. i dont oppose your stance. everything is cool.

my main concern is to not dilute my message with negative banter but tout the serious benefits that these devices offer.

Im good and youre good. I do commiserate with your point of view. I do hate to think that a select few of very inconsiderate people in your area have left you with a negative viewpoint in the matter. trendy douchbags that stood in line for their Iphone 5s version 2.3.5.7.4.6, vente skinny decafe mocha latte, and vape stick blowing vapor all over everyone wearing their too cool for school attitudes clearly has the least amount of class their is

now that i understand you more just keep hatin em. I hate em too. which is why im not like them. I never started it as a trend. never met someone who vaped prior to me starting and havent since, aside from you guys here. I do it to help myself. nothing more

-sean

That's the exact attitude I was talking about. You do it in public, without the general public knowing what it is or what the risks to their own health may be... and you're surprised or offended when they have a problem with it?
                Be respectful of those around you. Be respectful and understanding about their reasonable ignorance. MOST people know nothing about vaping. I myself learned a hell of a lot about it because of this thread. Even with what I've learned, I don't want some hipster twat blowing his blueberry vape on the back of my neck while we're standing in line at Sam Goody. Even if I know the vapor is safe, it's still kinda gross knowing by the smell that I'm now inhaling something that has been in that dude's lungs.

Comment

-sean

Seems like if we had this discussion face to face we would have been saying the same thing....

Lol

I never meant to come across like I have an issue with the people that vape. Shit, I smoke weed. Vaping, whatever. Who cares. I just can't stand a select few people that are giving the hobby an incredibly bad wrap. I generally think it could be a gamechanger in the cigg industry and a lot of people could really benefit from switching and eventually quiting.
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

That's the exact attitude I was talking about. You do it in public, without the general public knowing what it is or what the risks to their own health may be... and you're surprised or offended when they have a problem with it?
                    Be respectful of those around you. Be respectful and understanding about their reasonable ignorance. MOST people know nothing about vaping. I myself learned a hell of a lot about it because of this thread. Even with what I've learned, I don't want some hipster twat blowing his blueberry vape on the back of my neck while we're standing in line at Sam Goody. Even if I know the vapor is safe, it's still kinda gross knowing by the smell that I'm now inhaling something that has been in that dude's lungs.
                    i dont do it in public. the only time i ever do it in public when there is no one around. What i ment to say in that comment was that if someone sees me sitting across the room vaping and they think im doing drugs, they can go to hell.

I dont care what people think about me vaping. i WILL NOT do it in such a way that it bothers other people.
                    visit vgruk

Comment

all in all i think i was not able to convey what i ment in the comment and i misunderstood what deev was saying.

just write that one off

i agree with you guys 100% vaping in public is not cool if you are bothering someone
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Yeah, if you're doing it at home, or in the company of others that at least know and understand what you're doing, then it's not an issue.

I meant doing it in public and having someone's grandma thinking you're smoking crack...
                        Since you can't explain it to everyone satisfactorily, misunderstandings can be troublesome. And as you've seen even in this thread, people still don't always understand or agree, even after you've presented them with what you feel is a convincing argument!

Sean's approach is probably best, at least for now. Treat vaping as you would regular cigarette smoking in terms of when and where you do it. The devices that look more like cigarettes will go over better with the uneducated public. The ones that have tanks on them look like scary drug apparatuses. Those would, at the very least, cause you a bit of an inconvenience should some overly concerned citizen alert the police, security guards, or management of whatever location you may be visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Yeah, if you're doing it at home, or in the company of others that at least know and understand what you're doing, then it's not an issue.

I meant doing it in public and having someone's grandma thinking you're smoking crack...
                          Since you can't explain it to everyone satisfactorily, misunderstandings can be troublesome. And as you've seen even in this thread, people still don't always understand or agree, even after you've presented them with what you feel is a convincing argument!

Sean's approach is probably best, at least for now. Treat vaping as you would regular cigarette smoking in terms of when and where you do it. The devices that look more like cigarettes will go over better with the uneducated public. The ones that have tanks on them look like scary drug apparatuses. Those would, at the very least, cause you a bit of an inconvenience should some overly concerned citizen alert the police, security guards, or management of whatever location you may be visiting.
                          a lot of the police around aready know what these devices are

I have a setup that looks like a major drug apparatus and vape while walking around downtown just like a smoker would do. i have never even been looked at odd

But i do understand where you are coming from
                          visit vgruk

Comment

One of you dickbags left me a neg rep and once again failed to write your sn as usual because people are bitches.

What diservice am I doing?

Telling people that they should not put all their faith in a chemical composition that they themselves do not understand?

It's your fucking bodies, do with them as you will, but sorry that some people are just a little brighter then others.

Carry on.

Comment

Sucks ralphie

All of our back and fourth and I would still help you with a flat tire or help like a friend would. I didn't and wouldn't leave neg rep.

Pretty stupid if you ask me man, people should have to own their words if they want to do shit like that.

Back on topic;

Looks like CA and NYC as well as several other states are already doing exactly what I said was going to happen. It appears that the supreme court UPHELD a ban in NYC back in Feb of this year. So, yeah, like I said.

Dumbass, outrageous people that cannot help themselves from being obnoxious about this are already ruining it for others. It sounds like the flavors are an avenue to warrant bans/regulations based on existing laws and thats why the supreme court upheld the law.

Now there are several states pushing for laws that regulate, tax and change this industry. Nic levels will be regulated, flavors, labeling, laws about sales to minors, this is all provoking new laws around online sales of products that have nicotine.

So, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I guess I was right.

I still support the idea of people getting off smokes to vape and hopefully save a few years of their life in the process. And, I still think people are fuggin douche canoes and cannot help but ruine shit for everyone.

Here is a link to a forum on e-ciggs and they are discussing it;

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...vored-otp.html

Sounds like bans already happened

Comment

Bump!!

So now that this thread has had some time to simmer, what do you guys think about it?

Laws are popping up all over the place and legislatoin has already been presented to label "vaping" as a tabacco product for regulatory purposes. Campuses all over the country have already banned this shit.

Doctors are saying there are still risks.

Public opinion is growing, so I am curios what you guys think now that this shit has had time to simmer.

Comment

Working...
                                X