Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is the best turbo size for an f22a1-a6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the best turbo size for an f22a1-a6?

i was wondering if anybody knows the perfect size of turbo for the f22a6?

Thats a pretty broad question. It would depend on what you are looking for. Ease on installation? Cost? Max power? Quick Spool? One of the most popular turbos is from DSM cars. Relatively easy to install and cheap, and sized enough to give some power while still keeping driveability decent.

Comment

yeah dsm is cheap but i want power and driveability i mean i dont want a small dsm turbo they are tiny. I want to know whats a good turbo setup like size?

Comment

DSM turbos are not tiny at all!.....only the T25 would be a little smaller than the 14b, But the 16g or big 16g are almost perfect for the low comp SOHC F22A you have. I been yet to see a 20g on a cb7 F22 powered but most basic setups are t3/t4OE. Now the hybrid t3/t4 is a big turbo not too big for the F22 or anything just bigger than even the BIG EVO 3 16G turbo.

it depends on what suits you best....fast spooling(personally street)

Or Full Top end performance.....(Drag and track times)

spooling fast may be great on time attacks/auto cross

If i would want to boost a f22 a would go EWG(External wastegate) and have a big 16 housing ported and machined to fit a 20g compression wheel and keep the 16g exhaust housing side only which introduces the Big B-A-S-T-A-R-D 20G which spools like no tomorrow....lol

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

t3/t4 turbonetics turbo, Compressor: T04E 50,Turbine: Stage 2 (54mm),Turbine A/R: .48
          you think one of these hybrids is good then?

http://www.turbochargers.com/store/p...oducts_id/1578

Comment

Originally posted by NVCB7 View Post
            t3/t4 turbonetics turbo, Compressor: T04E 50,Turbine: Stage 2 (54mm),Turbine A/R: .48
            you think one of these hybrids is good then?

http://www.turbochargers.com/store/p...oducts_id/1578
            Good choice of a turbo, but can your motor handle the power?..

a healthy stock motor would even blow with a turbo like that and no work put into internals....

maybe for efficient power and reliable strength you should look into Camshafts and head work follow by some bottom end work, the perfect tuning right size injectors and you can find the right setup then your golden. But after 300hp traction becomes an issue.

Theres still alot of research left like transmission work, If i were you i'll look more into it and then decide which turbo to go with but for now try studying on N/A and maintain the F22A6 currently in your cb7

Originally posted by deevergote
            .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

To be quite honest... this is one of those questions that, if you can't answer it yourself, you probably don't know enough to safely boost your engine.

Comment

yeah im just asking around tho for future references and for maybe some suggestions (:

Comment

It depends what your goals are, and how you plan to use the car... also, how much money you want to spend.

The 14b will work just fine for a fairly low-boost setup, and it will be the most cost effective.

Comment

Working...
                  X