No announcement yet.

Rust My Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local junkyard find. You just don't see patina like this anymore...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

If you are getting a new one and plan on scrapping this one anyways, then rust the hell out of it. I would. It wouldn't be a waste and I am sure you could pulll it off right. Just take your time and prep it like a paint job, if you want it to look "nice".

As for that bimmer, it's dead and he might rebuild it...

"I had Rusty torn pretty far down because I was planning on some summer renovations, the main one being a shaved bay. I was also working on a new air management setup so I had the suspension off of the car sitting off to the side. In the middle of all this, I decided to get Ratty's (another one of his cars) old engine running while it was sitting in the driveway, all out of sheer boredom.

I made a new wiring harness for the engine and during the starting process managed to hydro-lock one of the cylinders full of gasoline. I pulled the spark plugs to plunge the gas out, and while turning the engine over, the battery lead hooked up to the harness sparked. The fuel ignited and sent a fireball towards the garage. By sheer chance, the flaming gas landed directly on another 5 gallon tank of gas. The garage more or less exploded. It went up so fast that there was literally no stopping it."

Burned the whole garage and car. Fire damage to the frame and rims might have rendered them structurally unsound. But it was a groundbreaking car. RIP Rusty Slammington.

Comment

Working...
      X