Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sedan vs. Coupe Trunk Interior: Are They Interchangeable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sedan vs. Coupe Trunk Interior: Are They Interchangeable?

Hey there folks.

I have a completely bare trunk in my recently acquired 9293 coupe. Would anyone happen to know whether the sedan and coupe trunks are the same or not?

There are a few CB7's in my local junkyard but all of them are sedans.
    Any idea?

Thanks.

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Yes, they are the same. The only trunk differences between sedan and coupes are with the panel on he passenger side in cars equipped with ABS. The ABS computer is bolted to an inner frame member in the back of the car on '92-'93 EX/SEs and needs panels that allow for slightly more clearance. If your car does not have ABS, then this is not a restriction for you and any trunk panels will work. Even if it does, the panel will still go on, the computer just presses against it from the outside and skews it a bit.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

According to the links below they have the same part numbers but the images do look just a tiny bit different.

SEDAN
      http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/a...de-lining-scat

COUPE
      http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/a...de-lining-scat

EDIT: Jarret beat me to it. I was too slow off the line

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Yes, they are the same. The only trunk differences between sedan and coupes are with the panel on he passenger side in cars equipped with ABS. The ABS computer is bolted to an inner frame member in the back of the car on '92-'93 EX/SEs and needs panels that allow for slightly more clearance. If your car does not have ABS, then this is not a restriction for you and any trunk panels will work. Even if it does, the panel will still go on, the computer just presses against it from the outside and skews it a bit.
        Originally posted by tishock View Post
        According to the links below they have the same part numbers but the images do look just a tiny bit different.

EDIT: Jarret beat me to it. I was too slow off the line

Wow. Thanks guys for the swift responses, a lot of good information here. I appreciate you guys!

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
        - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

The carpet is different, but will work, the fit is just not 100%
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
          X