Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theoretical Build From The Ground Up

Hello fellow tuners.

Some years back I made a thread about building a CB7 with every member involved. Well, I've found a better solution which should allow all active users to participate. Essentially, we are going to build the ultimate CB7 together (in theory).

There will seperate threads to get the process going, and there's a great deal of work to do. We can even create a full scale 3D model and have it blue printed. This is what happens when people have too much free time on their hands.

It's going to start off simple and grow if people participate. If they don't, well, the idea will die.

Going forward, we will need a bunch of teams and a structured heirarchy. I know not everyone has a background in engineering, but we can still make it work with all the taleted gearheads and wrenchers here.

To start, we need the following (comment if you would like to work in a specific position):

Chief Engineer - Straight Success
    Exterior Engineering Manager -
    Interior Engineer Manager -
    Suspension Engineer Manager -
    Powertrain Engineer Manager -
    Wheels & Brakes Engineer Manager -
    Exhaust Engineer Manager (If the car stays as a gasoline engine) -
    Integration Manager -
    Test Driver - Grumpys93

(There are more needs, but this should work to get us started)

The aspects of the car needed to be address are as follows:

Chassis Choice - Wagon (5-Door)
    Power Plant - Inline 4 combined with Hybrid technology.
    .....Inline 4 Engine Selection -
    Drivetrain -
    Suspension -
    Wheels & Brakes -

Those are the five major components we will focus on to start.

Last edited by Straight Success; 03-06-2019, 12:48 AM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

What?? No electrical?? I'm out, jk.

So, can you do a brief job description so people can get an idea of what each position entails?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Absolutely.

And you already know, electrical doesn't get involved at the conceptual stage too much. In my experience, they don't get too invoved until the clay model/laser scans come on deck simply becuase they have databases to mix and match going forward. They may have some generalized spreadsheets that will later get updated to the brim. This is all operating with the notion we aren't doing an all electrical vehicle, but electrical will definitely be added.

Edit: I decided to not post them, and I'll let people look them up.
      Last edited by Straight Success; 12-22-2018, 11:49 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I’ll just be the test driver
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I need to learn how to weld and properly work with metal already. I'd love to build an AWD wagon with a J-series that's been positioned a bit further back in the bay for balance. Turbocharge to about 450hp. Widen the fenders using factory-looking lines to fit 9" wheels with a proper stance. That's the perfect CB in my mind.

Or, you know, I suppose I could just get a Magnum R/T AWD, throw in a cam and bolt-ons, and be happy . Eh, simplicity is for the birds anyway...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Awd 4g63 swap for the win

Actually isnt that unrealistic if you compare mount locations and engine bay dimensions
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Almost nothing is unrealistic with enough time, money, and resources except stuff that defies the laws of science.

We can make it happen. AWD is cool too. Drivetrain comes after engine choice.
              Last edited by Straight Success; 03-06-2019, 12:51 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Based on the voting poll, we're going for a wagon as being the spokescar!

Onto the power plant.
                Last edited by Straight Success; 03-06-2019, 12:51 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                X