Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22, should i go turbo or just stick with n/a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22, should i go turbo or just stick with n/a

I am going to begin building an H22 and wondering if i should go with a turbo or stick n/a. I have heard really great things about turbo but also terrible things. I heard somewhere that because of VTEC it takes forever for the turbo to spool. Is that true? Thanks guys

It's your car. Do what you want with it.

Comment

You need to do a lot more research asking a question like that.

Comment

How much money can you throw at the car would be part one to the answer, part 2 would be does the sound of a blow off valve give you a giant erection?

If you answer thousands and yes, go turbo.

Comment

Its your car do what you want with it like Mike said. If your looking at it from a financial standpoint you'll like all motor from the power and reliability from the swap. The con is that you'll quickly get bored with it.

From the turbo side of it the motor won't be able to handle what you may throw at it for too long. Then it begins to get pricey to rebuild the motor and its bound too have more pricey issues with it alone down the line. But either way its money.

Comment

i am going with an all motor H22 simply because to me turbo is the easy way out. the easy way to make power. i want to do it the hard way. then i can rub it in peoples faces
            visit vgruk

Comment

it all depends, are you gonna DD the car? tracking it? 1/4?

personally i would go N/A since i also daily my cb7 but i would love to build a boosted h22a.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                i am going with an all motor H22 simply because to me turbo is the easy way out. the easy way to make power. i want to do it the hard way. then i can rub it in peoples faces
                It's not really the easy way out it's just more efficient. You will never match FI power with NA but N/A is always there power on demand power for power N/A will win. It just cost alot more to produce good N/A power i'm not talking your everyday bolt on's.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Everyday good power on demand makes me think domestic.

Comment

Domestic is the cheapest way to do it. Everyday big power from Japan gets pricey to buy, and they're often pretty complicated. Everyday big power from Europe is going to cost a fortune to buy and maintain.
                    Everyday big power from the US is cheap. Reliability may not be the best, but they'll be the cheapest to fix. If you're going old and cheap, you can't beat a domestic V8.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      It's not really the easy way out it's just more efficient. You will never match FI power with NA but N/A is always there power on demand power for power N/A will win. It just cost alot more to produce good N/A power i'm not talking your everyday bolt on's.
                      what about being reliable? i want to make lots of power on the cheap using quality parts.

i was thinking NA because it is reliable and you will not get insane amounts of power where your spinning tires all the time. i also like NA because like you all said. i dont want to step on the gas and have to wait for it to throw me back in the seat.

i was just going to go with forged aries pistions. a delta cam ground to bisi spec. bisi valves and springs and i think aries rods.
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Arias. If you're going to talk about a plan, at least get your brand names right.

N/A is good for daily driving when you're going mild... but you can make twice as much power with a "mild" turbo build and still be streetable. N/A beyond light bolt-ons can quickly become a terror to drive on the street.

Honestly, we need to get more superchargers up in here. I'm going to talk to a few people and see if I can make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Arias. If you're going to talk about a plan, at least get your brand names right.

N/A is good for daily driving when you're going mild... but you can make twice as much power with a "mild" turbo build and still be streetable. N/A beyond light bolt-ons can quickly become a terror to drive on the street.

Honestly, we need to get more superchargers up in here. I'm going to talk to a few people and see if I can make that happen.
                          thanks deev. is it pronounced air-ias? or air-ees?

i would go supercharged if it is easy to do. my plan is to have a very very high revving h22 that will be almost as bullet proof as the f22

i just high jacked this thread big time so im going to do a little more research and post my own thread
                          visit vgruk

Comment

"very high revving" and "bullet proof" are rarely used together... not for long, anyway. And any engine that can make power way up high would be a dog on the street.

And yes... I suppose everything has to be "easy" these days.

As for Arias, I believe it is the first one. Air-ias.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              "very high revving" and "bullet proof" are rarely used together... not for long, anyway. And any engine that can make power way up high would be a dog on the street.

And yes... I suppose everything has to be "easy" these days.

As for Arias, I believe it is the first one. Air-ias.
                              i never wanted to supercharge in the first place! that why i was saying if its easy i will do it. if not then it is not going into my plans. i still need to research this more but i believe NA is my best bet and most reliable.
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                              X