F22aX value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22aX value

so i'm not quite sure where to post this.. but needed some input.

found a guy not to far from me (45 miles) who's parting out a 90 accord coupe.
    the car & engine has around 246k miles on it.
    i asked how much he wanted for his engine and first he stated $700.. i told him thats way too much for a high milage engine that i'll have to rebuild.
    then he came down to $500.. still too much in my opinion.. i told him $250.. he thought it was worth more..

so, what do you guys think a 246k mile F22a1 (my guess, as the car has no sunroof or i'd have guessed it was a f22a4.. the guy doesnt really know anything about these things)
    this is just for the engine.

I wouldn't pay more than $200. I can get F22s all day at pull-a-part here in Atlanta.

Do you have access to alot of old junkers? You may be able to bluff a bit and get him to go down.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

My built b1 block ill eventually use in a car
      I got it stock disassembled for free it had a 170k before I redone an strengthen it up for power.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

For 700 you can get a H22 or H23A BTW for a F22Ax no more than 300 US dollars.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Check the prices at your local U Pull type junkyard (print their price list and show it to him). Here in Cincinnati, an engine is $200 plus $50 core deposit regardless. Some may say I paid too much, but I just spent $400 for an F22A6 with a known 100,000 miles and it already had a new timing belt, water pump, front end seals (including balance shaft retainer), upper and lower spark plug tube seals, and H23 plenum and thottle body. If I had gotten an engine with unknown history (for ~$200), I would have spent more than $200 in OEM parts to do what has already been done.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Sold my F22A1 with transmission for $50 with 166k miles... back in 2003.

Comment

yeah i told the guy i could get a H22 for 700.. i really dont think he knows much about cars.. i told him if he decided to come down on his price, give me a call. LOL..
              i seriously think the guy was drugged up tho.. i'd ask him questions and the way he answered them.. came across like either he is mentally slow.. he kept on hacking.. and clearing his throat.. and had a hard time answering simple questions.

here's his CL ad.
              http://kpr.craigslist.org/pts/4390010172.html

unfortunately i live out in the boonies no u-pull-it yards anywhere close.. (240+ miles)
              we have 2 wrecking yards local.. and one guy only has domestic vehicles.. and the other thinks his shits gold as well.. and he's an asshole so i never do business with him.

Comment

I don't know what your budget is but you need to drive to those yards farther away or look into buying an imported engine. Canadian importers shouldn't hit you over the head too much for shipping as well as the ones in California.

Some people just have zero common sense when it comes to these sorts of things. A wrecked car that doesn't run in that region of the country would be lucky to net $500.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

i'm headed to Portland, OR in a couple weeks, i'll have to stop by and see what their wrecking yards are asking..

i've looked at imported engine sites.. jdmenginedepot out of NJ has some pretty good prices on the F23A ($350) but they want $800 for a F22A and those are out of stock.. would like to know why they want soo much more for the F22A LOL.. or i could get a F20B long block for $500.... i havent checked into shipping..

i wouldnt mind doing a F23 block with F22A4 head on it..

Spokane, WA is about 2.5 hours away from me.. there's an importer there that wants $600 for a F23A.. depending on shipping i'd be better off to just have jdmenginedepot ship me a F23A.. save me time & money driving to spokane.

Comment

There is another importer in WA called Foreign Engines. They have a place on my side of the mountains in Lynwood and another in near the border of Washington and Idaho. I called them a while back for a price estimate and I think they said free shipping for local orders.
                    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                      There is another importer in WA called Foreign Engines. They have a place on my side of the mountains in Lynwood and another in near the border of Washington and Idaho. I called them a while back for a price estimate and I think they said free shipping for local orders.
                      yeah, i'm going to call them tomorrow just to see their prices.. they're just over the boarder from spokane, in Coeur d'Alene, ID
                      i think i'll also call up Spaldings wrecking in spokane.. see what they're asking for a f22

Comment

I live in NJ, and there's no way in hell I'd ever buy an engine from JDMenginedepot!

For an F22A, I'd buy local. They're a dime a dozen. If you have the time and space to do it, buying one to rebuild would be the best idea.

hondamotorsonline.com is quite honestly the only company I would ever trust. They may not stock F22As, but I'm sure they could get one if you ask.

I wouldn't recommend mixing up heads and blocks unless this car is only a toy.
                        The fact that you say "F22A4 head" shows me exactly where you are in terms of knowledge regarding these engines (all F22A heads are identical... only the parts bolted to them make them different.)

Comment

I personally would just get some buddies together and make a day of it. Leave at 5:00am, get to junk yard by 11-12, motor out by 4-5 if you are slow pokes, home by 11-12 and thats with lunch stops included. 240 miles = 4 hours at 60mph and less than 1 tank of gas so no stops on the way either way.

I would just get to a junkyard man. $150+$50 core for my local yard for any motor.
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Lots of Pick n Pulls here too. From my area to the Tri-Cities is about 3hrs. So if you come towards this way you may find whst you need or even more parts.
                            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                              I personally would just get some buddies together and make a day of it. Leave at 5:00am, get to junk yard by 11-12, motor out by 4-5 if you are slow pokes, home by 11-12 and thats with lunch stops included. 240 miles = 4 hours at 60mph and less than 1 tank of gas so no stops on the way either way.

I would just get to a junkyard man. $150+$50 core for my local yard for any motor.
                              5-6 hours if you're REALLY slow!
                              I'm a slow worker when it comes to cars, and I could probably have a junkyard engine out in two hours tops. Of course, that's assuming I don't have any issues with rusted bolts.

The yard I go to most often has a big rolling rig for engine removal. rather than the usual lift type, it's just a giant arch on wheels with a pulley on it. Roll it over the car. attach the chain to the engine, yank the chain to lift the engine. Roll the arch away from the car, drop the engine on a cart, and go pay for it. It's a great setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X