Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 CB7 wiring harness multiple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 CB7 wiring harness multiple questions

pics soon
    question bank :

1.Which harness should I use when putting a jdm h22 in a cb9 wagon?

2.Can I use a header with the o2 located after the oil pan or is that an ODB2 thing? Does it matter? Which setup is best performing?

3. Do I need to have a male over a female o2 sensor? reason im asking is that currently the setup included some goofy female-female jumper to connect a male harness to a male o2 sensor. I know. Stupid. Right?

4. What are the four wires on the o2 sensor for? Also the weird exposed wire? is that important becuase I dont think my car is accomplishing that with that goofy jumper.

car runs fairly well. adjusted the valves today and mended the distributor by swapping out the rotting 2 wire plug with a fresher one. They tend to rot at the rubber grommet that leads into the dizzy.

Below is the long story.

Help long story short the harness that this h22 cb9 wagon came with is in poor condition and not ideal. My best guess is that its an OBD2 harness. I have a non vtec cb7 coupe harness that I have been told is the harness to use and to build on by extending lines and what not ? Is this the best idea?

Also the header I purchased has the o2 sensor bung after the oil pan as opposed to the one currently on the D/C header closer to the block. Which is preferred and or performs best? I'd prefer the oil pan one for if anything less clutter under hood. I rarely make decisions based on form. I also want to preserve the o2 connector in uncut condition by depinning and preserving all four wires, especially the weird exposed wire that goes around one of the 4 uncut o2 sensor harness end connector. I have both a male and female end 4 wire connector to choose from . Which one should I use? The o2 sensor is currently a male end that goes into a female to female conversion that then goes to a male harness connector When I pulled the harness from a 2000 civic I noticed that 2 of the wires appears to go to their own block of some sort. I'm guessing its a ground block and a 12v switch block? the other 2 feeds to the firewall. which setup is most OEM? I have been taking care of various things but would want to understand what my solution for wiring the o2 as well. The car runs pretty well for such a shitty harness. no cel and vtec functions. 20mpg more or less. So i'm not in a rush to have the car in doubtful condition

1) The stock CB7 harness, with the addition of extra wires.

2) Your o2 sensor must be located before the catalytic converter. It doesn't really matter where it is located. A header designed for a 4th generation Prelude VTEC will do the trick.

3 & 4) Your o2 sensor should plug into your stock harness. There should not be loose wires. If the sensor has loose wires, toss it... and replace it with a brand new Denso or NTK sensor made for your car's specific year and trim. The o2 sensor plug depends on the car itself. The o2 sensor itself doesn't really care what engine it's attached to. If your stock harness is too short, you can unwrap it a bit to extend it. A subharness should not be necessary (though a subharness is a MUCH better solution than spliced wires, which can alter the signal from the sensor, causing it to operate improperly.)

Comment

What harness did u use?

Comment

Factory CB7 harness, with necessary wires added.

Comment

I just wanted to throw this out there as these types of services are becoming very affordable. CJ has been making harnesses for years and posts Instagram updates daily for the Honda harnesses he builds. He builds each harness from new wiring, sleeving and connectors for each individual application. Here is his Level 1 harness for $350!

http://cjswiring.bigcartel.com/produ...-h-non-milspec
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
          X