No announcement yet.

Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, well I know it sounds silly but after putting in the retrofitted K&N filter I've gotten the tuner fever. Time to try and up the performance of my car!

I wanted to stick with the K&N 57i Kit but the local dealer doesn't have the part available to order. They can get in the AEM Short Ram kit for the CB for about $200.

I checked the price for the Cold Air Intake from AEM and it's only about a $100 difference. I've searched around the forum for info about installing the intake, preferably with photos but I've failed. Basically I want to know if the CAI is worth the extra $100 considering I drive an automatic F22A without any other engine mods. Also what would have to move in my engine bay to fit the CAI, as I assume the short ram will fit just by removing the OEM intake.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

If the short ram is all you want, get the cheap $40 kit on ebay and ditch the shitty filter it comes with... An intake pipe is an intake pipe. Same goes for CAI. Just use better hardware and filters. No sense paying out the ass for an aluminum tube.

I however just installed an AEM CAI. Got it for cheap from a fellow member...So if you need help with install, just LMK.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
        An intake pipe is an intake pipe.

I however just installed an AEM CAI. Got it for cheap from a fellow member...So if you need help with install, just LMK.
        That's what I've seen a lot as I've browsed the forums. I'll check if the local store here has a cheap pipe that will work and the filter.

I'll definitely reach out for some install help though, I can't imagine it's too difficult but I don't want to mess up either!

Thanks!

Comment

I personally don't care for the SRI becuase it takes in hot air from your engine bay. CAI would be my choice with the filter placed in the fender away from the engine. I'm going to have to peice together one for my H22A4 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            I personally don't care for the SRI becuase it takes in hot air from your engine bay. CAI would be my choice with the filter placed in the fender away from the engine. I'm going to have to peice together one for my H22A4 soon.
            Does anything need to be removed/moved in the engine bay to make the CAI fit (other than the obvious removal of the OEM intake)? I'm going to take a look at it in a little while to see how much room I've got to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by Scolirk View Post
              Does anything need to be removed/moved in the engine bay to make the CAI fit (other than the obvious removal of the OEM intake)? I'm going to take a look at it in a little while to see how much room I've got to play with.
              Nope, and depending on the diam of the alum tube it should go through the stock CAI hole next to the filter box.

If you remove all factory intake components there is plenty of space. Don't forget to cap vacuum line #8 I believe.

Comment

Yup they are some what plug and play

Comment

Couple photos I just took this morning in front of the office. I received my decals yesterday, so big thanks to Deev for a speedy delivery. No major plans for the car this month but things might change as we get closer to the new year. If all goes as planned I'll have some disposable income to spend on the engine, and hopefully fix the windows.

Comment

Just got these on the car. The screws I was given for the plates don't fit on the back anymore, I was able to find one in the mean time. Looks weird but I'll hopefully have it fixed by tomorrow. Have one on the front too.

Comment

And not even 3 hours after posting that photo, this happens.

Comment

nice man no rust dammmmmmmmmmm i want a non rusty ass thang lol i believe u should lower her i see ur very conservative so like a 1 in drop yeaaaaaa i like 3 front 2.75 in rr nice car
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                        i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
                          nice man no rust dammmmmmmmmmm i want a non rusty ass thang lol i believe u should lower her i see ur very conservative so like a 1 in drop yeaaaaaa i like 3 front 2.75 in rr nice car
                          Thanks, I think?

I don't plan on doing anything with the ride height, and honestly my priorities have changed in terms of what to do with the car. I'm replacing it in the next year, and it's not going to be with another CB7. If I have the option of keeping the car in my garage as a project, I will, which is the most likely option.

Because of my profession, I need a car with better options. Had I gone with an EX-R trim, then maybe I could justify using it for business, but with the manual locks and windows I'm finding it more and more difficult to use it for work.

Right now my attention has shifted to keeping the car running and on the road. This means fixing the shaking issue I have when the car gets over 5,000 RPM, also fixing the driver side window and making sure I keep the car regularly maintained throughout the next year.

I've added all the photos to the original post. My old web host is offline so I've moved the photos off-site.
                          Last edited by Scolirk; 12-13-2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: Added new photos to first post.

Comment

Just followed the DIY for the independent fog lamp mod with great success. I've favourited a few other ones to work on come spring time, such as polishing up my rims. I also gave the car a quick wash, I think it's the third this week. Every time I do it ends up raining and ruining my work.

Comment

Looks like a clean start man. Your car is clean. And I can see ya washed it.
                              My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

Winter has finally hit Niagara. Holy Hell do people not know how to drive out here. Almost got myself killed by a pickup truck who tried to t-bone me last night, and an Altima nearly drove through the red light in to my car just before I arrived at Honda.

216,032kms and fresh oil change.

Comment

Working...
                                X