F20B Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B Help!

Hey you guys i got i'm having a problem, i solved the electrical Side of this swap into a CB9, the CB9 Was auto to Manual Swap. i Get No Check Engine Light anymore but once i pop VTEC the motor Cuts out doesnt turn off but it goes into vtec if u ez into it but once u shift Cuts Out Again
    IDK FOLKS I'm gonna give up soon This CB9 is I've helped Do a couple of swaps from Dee_88 F20B F22a H23a and Etc but this one is a piece of Sh*t

TEAM MOST HATED

Originally posted by Tstfleur45 View Post
    Hey you guys i got i'm having a problem, i solved the electrical Side of this swap into a CB9, the CB9 Was auto to Manual Swap. i Get No Check Engine Light anymore but once i pop VTEC the motor Cuts out doesnt turn off but it goes into vtec if u ez into it but once u shift Cuts Out Again
    IDK FOLKS I'm gonna give up soon This CB9 is I've helped Do a couple of swaps from Dee_88 F20B F22a H23a and Etc but this one is a piece of Sh*t
    Why did you capitalize random words?

But it sounds like you still have a wiring problem as VTEC is based off sensors, which connect to wires, which trigger functions. When VTEC is kicking in or deactivating signals are getting crossed and causing the engine to malfuction. I would start by disconnecting VTEC and hitting the same rpm range and make sure all is well. Then its just a matter of narrowing down the three components of VTEC.

If your engine still messes up with no VTEC enabled then you have larger problems.

Comment

make sure your dizzy has a good oem ignitor and recheck your vtec wiring.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Re-check all your wiring and grounds if you are cutting power must be definitely bad ground or loose ground terminals.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

going to use some logic based on what i know about the P28/P30 ecu's.. i'm going to assume that honda uses the same basic setup for any vtec engine..

here are the requirements for a P28/p30 ecu to go into vtec..

-warm engine temp (if its too cold, vtec wont engage)
          -Vehicle speed (i believe its like 20+ mph for vtec to engage)
          -oil pressure (you need at least 60 psi at the oil pressure sensor on the vtec solenoid for it to engage..)
          -engine rpm (depending on ecu.. p28 requires 5200 rpm for vtec to engage)

i'm writing this from memory so i could forget something but i'm pretty sure thats all thats required for vtec to engage.. this is based on a stock ecu.. chipped ecu's can usually have disabled VSS check, engine coolant check, and changed vtec crossover point..

troubleshoot those areas and areas that affect those and you should be able to track down your problem..

Comment

Working...
          X