Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 turbo kit

hey all new to this site and i must say i am very pleased, most honda sites are full of useless info and people who give tech advice that have no clue whats going on...had a few questions on the turbo setups people are running....
    1...what intercooler kits are u guys running??i definately want to get something with minimal fabrication(dont have the means to weld stainless)also want to find one with a blow off valve bung already welded on...any suggestions would be great
    2...as far as dsm injectors go, will i need the pig tails from the donor car or arethe injector clips the same (like a standard bosh style)not sure never put these in a honda
    thanks guys in advance,any help would b great
    Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

I dont really have an answer for you but as for the intercooler part of the question, check some member ride threads, and look under the forced induction section, maybe in the "turbo engine pics" sticky.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

1. my intercooler set-up i ended up fabbing up my own. Using 2.5 mild steel for cold-side and 2.0 for hot-side then i ran a 1987 supra fmic i ended up welding the bov flange to the piping which i am runningthe dsm 1g bov
      2. All you need is the injectors. You will have to stretch the ring inside the fuel rail to make them fit but thats all the modding you would have to do.
      Heres a old pic of my engine bay. Not much is changed just different motor. Since that one blew Hope this helps
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The BOV isn't on the intercooler, it's on the charge piping. When I purchased my used charge pipe setup, the original owner had JB Welded a DSM BOV onto a charge pipe made from an old CAI. Not the best solution, but it seemed to work!

Some of the best (and cheapest) FMICs to use are the ones found on Mitsubishi Starions and Chrysler Conquests. I believe the Mitsubishi Fuso truck also uses the same FMIC.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          The BOV isn't on the intercooler, it's on the charge piping. When I purchased my used charge pipe setup, the original owner had JB Welded a DSM BOV onto a charge pipe made from an old CAI. Not the best solution, but it seemed to work!

Some of the best (and cheapest) FMICs to use are the ones found on Mitsubishi Starions and Chrysler Conquests. I believe the Mitsubishi Fuso truck also uses the same FMIC.
          Who said the bov was mounted to the intercooler?
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by 92bently
            1...what intercooler kits are u guys running??i definately want to get something with minimal fabrication(dont have the means to weld stainless)also want to find one with a blow off valve bung already welded on...any suggestions would be great
            ^

He's probably like me, and letting his mind get too far ahead of his typing... but in case there was a legitimate misunderstanding of the system, I wanted to clarify.

Comment

There are actually a few intercoolers on the market that have the bov on the intercooler. See this on alot of serious race cars too.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

True. I've never seen it, but the concept works. You'd have to look for it though... or get custom.

Comment

yeh i want the bov on the charge piping since it is a dd car and dont want to run the risk of water in my bov/motor......i looked at a lot of members rides and all they say is 2.5" intercooler kit from ebay..stuff like that...i think i found one that will suit my needs just fine....thanks for the help
                  Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

Working...
                  X