Need help finding a good Free air Subwoofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding a good Free air Subwoofers

Ok so I have looked a little bit online to see who offers a great open air sub....Problem is most companies (Bigger name brand) dont have free air subs or dont specify if the sub can be used as an open air sub. I am looking to get 10'-8' sub no bigger. I am going to look into mounting it on the rear deck between the speakers, so that would be the main reason for the size and open air requirements. (I am aware the sub wont hit as hard and so forth since its open air and not in a box, Im just looking extra bass and not to use the space in my trunk, and no I dont want 6.5' subs either.)

Kicker states their comp. series sub can be used in open air set-up.
    http://www.kicker.com/comp

Now I have no issues with user kicker since from personal experience their subs rock but I want to take all options into consideration for FREE AIR SUBS before going and buying something that isnt the best for my application.

Now I love JL subs more then others as the set I have owned or heard. To me it seemed like the JL were not all about power and shaking the car as they were about clean useful bass that added to music not over powering it. But they are vague on their site about what subs can be used in an open air setting. If any one knows of a JL sub that can be used as open air that would be preferable.

If any one knows of other companies out there that make HIGH QUALITY "free air/open air" subwoofers please post up a link or personal experience with these.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Peerless SLS 8 have had great reviews about door mounting, so the rear deck should be even better.

Acoustic Elegance IB10 is also highly regarded as it's motor design is made to kill distortion before it starts. You have to ask for them I believe.
    http://www.aespeakers.com/products.php

A lot of companies won't explicitly tell you that their speaker can play free air. You have to look at parameters. You usually want a high qts low fs driver. That's because qts determines the roll off after fs. A low qts rolls off fast after fs so if you got a low qts sub with a high fs then you'll have no low end bass. I hoped that helped.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Peerless SLS 8 have had great reviews about door mounting, so the rear deck should be even better.

Acoustic Elegance IB10 is also highly regarded as it's motor design is made to kill distortion before it starts. You have to ask for them I believe.
      http://www.aespeakers.com/products.php

A lot of companies won't explicitly tell you that their speaker can play free air. You have to look at parameters. You usually want a high qts low fs driver. That's because qts determines the roll off after fs. A low qts rolls off fast after fs so if you got a low qts sub with a high fs then you'll have no low end bass. I hoped that helped.
      Thanks for the good info. I looked a little bit at those Acoustic Elegance speakers and they look freaking sweet, any idea how much they run?

Comment

I believe they're close to 150 ish

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          I believe they're close to 150 ish
          nice thats not bad at all.

Comment

The Wait time is extremely long from what I've been hearing

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
            X