Car getting hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car getting hot

My car is getting hot for the past two days. The gauge will go up 3/4 or more and the fans will turn on. I can short the thermostat switch A wire to turn the fans. When I'm driving with the fans continuously on, the gauge will raise up upon stopping.

I have left it running for almost 4-6 hours (with the cap off) to fully bleed the system, but no change. I replaced the thermostat(oem), Switch A and gauge sensor and it is still doing the same thing.

Both hoses get hot, but the top hose gets really hot.
    No smoke out the tail pipe or coolant/oil mixture of any kind.
    New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
    tsx retrofit
    f22b dohc boosted
    custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
    My car is getting hot for the past two days. The gauge will go up 3/4 or more and the fans will turn on. I can short the thermostat switch A wire to turn the fans. When I'm driving with the fans continuously on, the gauge will raise up upon stopping.

I have left it running for almost 4-6 hours (with the cap off) to fully bleed the system, but no change. I replaced the thermostat(oem), Switch A and gauge sensor and it is still doing the same thing.

Both hoses get hot, but the top hose gets really hot.
    No smoke out the tail pipe or coolant/oil mixture of any kind.
    The fact that the temp rises upon stopping leads me to believe your water pump is going out.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      The fact that the temp rises upon stopping leads me to believe your water pump is going out.
      ............guess that might be what's happening to mine as well. shit, i can't afford that kit right now, guess i'll have to see if i can find a video to do it myself and borrow tools i might need to complete the job. last time i got it done by the only person i trusted at the Honda dealership. one of my friends.
      Last edited by Honda_Lady; 10-03-2012, 09:35 AM.
      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
      X