Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo question

Okay, so, I am planning to do an H22 swap blah blah blah. I found a guy with a Garrett GT2860 twin turbo system that was in a '95 Porsche Carrera. It was wrecked and taken off. Bushings are bad, a pipe was bent, don't know which one but was machined back(bent back). One turbine fan ahs a crack and needs to be replaced. Hoses and intercooler intact.(17" intercooler). I am interested in the system, but what research I have done doesn't tell me anything. Could I use these turbos on a H22? He wants $250 for it. I don't know how much the turbine and bushings would be, but with anextra $300 for a controller and gauges I feel like it could be a steal. Also, I recently found a H22 block and H23 head, machined blocked, sleeved, forged pistons, camshaft. All it needed was crank bearings and gaskets, along with a trans and building it. I am trying to not sound naive, for I know that is a shit ton of work. But, If i can do a complete turbo build and get steals like that, then I want to. Comments? Suggestions? and does anyone know where the hell I can get a transmission before having to order one on eBay? Final question. If you had a fresh start, would you go with the H22 swap and keep it N/A, with only the swap, or try to do like me and build it from ground up. BTW, the engine I told you about, with all the work, yeah, its only $200! A steal imo!
    Originally posted by Quashish
    hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Honestly, in my opinion if you want a little more power put the h22 in it and be done with it. The accord is a fwd economy car not a racecar, if you really wanna boost something buy a project car, s13, e30, miata, all rwd and pretty cheap and can be a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
      Honestly, in my opinion if you want a little more power put the h22 in it and be done with it. The accord is a fwd economy car not a racecar, if you really wanna boost something buy a project car, s13, e30, miata, all rwd and pretty cheap and can be a lot of fun
      And, honestly, thats what I want to do. maybe I should just keep my f22 in good condition and fix up my car how I like it... I need a lot of time to think before I do anything else..
      hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by honda2014 View Post
        And, honestly, thats what I want to do. maybe I should just keep my f22 in good condition and fix up my car how I like it... I need a lot of time to think before I do anything else..
        the f22 is a good motor, and if it's just a dd then it works fine. I'm planning on buying one of those soon, probably a miata. I was thinking about boosting my cb7 too but I decided instead of sinking a ton of money into my cb7 I'd get something a little bit more fun to drive and do that.

As far as if the turbo is worth picking up I'm not really sure, sorry I'm no help on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
          the f22 is a good motor, and if it's just a dd then it works fine. I'm planning on buying one of those soon, probably a miata. I was thinking about boosting my cb7 too but I decided instead of sinking a ton of money into my cb7 I'd get something a little bit more fun to drive and do that.

As far as if the turbo is worth picking up I'm not really sure, sorry I'm no help on that.
          Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.
          hahaha

Comment

1: a Porsche has a boxer engine. Two heads. Two manifolds. 3 cylinders each. You will not be able to use ANYTHING but the turbos themselves.
            2: the one good turbo will very likely be far too small for your engine.
            3: the cast aluminum pistons in your engine will break a ringland very quickly with a turbo. If you get a block with forged pistons, it MIGHT work... but would you really trust someone else's project to hold up? I wouldn't. I've been in this scene for 10 years... and one thing that I've learned is that most other tuners are idiots.

Comment

The H22 and H23 block from what I remember are the same, the main difference is the crank.

I had both blocks and both were closed decks.
              I'd love to see a photo of this sleeved block you speak of, mainly to see if it's actually sleeved.
              The only reason I could see someone throwing away a $1400 block for $200, is because the core has shifted or the wall has a hairline crack that isn't visable.

I agree with a above mentioned statement.
              Cb7's aren't race cars. That doesn't mean they aren't fun.
              Sometimes it cheaper to get the race car experience by buying a car that already has the heavy duty high performance parts, and then uprading it. The main reason I went to a 6 bolt dsm, from my h/c H22. The more research I had done, the more I realized hodas just don't like boost over 7-12 psi without a boat load of money sank into it's neverending ocean.

I wouldn't buy the porche turbo.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

IMO, the only reason to buy any of that stuff is to resell it for a profit.

Comment

I, like many of these other posters, would recommend getting a side project and just keeping this car in good condition. If you're set on making this car a fast car, then get another car as a DD, like a Volvo or Civic or something. Crazy builds take crazy time and cost crazy money. If you want boost for cheap get a DSM.

Comment

Yea even though those turbos seem cheap you really wouldn't have any use for them. If you were going to turbo charge an F22 I would look at like GTX turbos like a GTX28? size turbo

Comment

Working...
                    X