Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dad's Accord CB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad's Accord CB3

Hey all from the UK
    here is a picture of my Dad's Accord 4th gen CB3 2.0i 16V SOHC F20A5

plan is to give this car a refresh

i would like to know how to take of the exhaust heat shield off and would like to paint it, my dad tried to to take it off previously however i wasn't there at the time it looks like to just take of the 3 bolts?

are there any how to on this?
    any ideas or tips greatly apprieciated

thanks all

That's basically how you do it. The bolts are almost always rusted, so spray some penetrating lubricant on them before you take them off, and some more once you've gotten them broken loose.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

if yours has an o2 sensor, i unplugged mine from the connector, folded it in half and looped it through the hole in the heat shield. other than that its pretty easy. my ac lines kind of got in the way oh and the mount for power steering kind of got in the way too. i had to wiggle it out from behind it.

Comment

Where are you based in the UK?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          That's basically how you do it. The bolts are almost always rusted, so spray some penetrating lubricant on them before you take them off, and some more once you've gotten them broken loose.
          Cheers for the tip!

Originally posted by accordlove View Post
          if yours has an o2 sensor, i unplugged mine from the connector, folded it in half and looped it through the hole in the heat shield. other than that its pretty easy. my ac lines kind of got in the way oh and the mount for power steering kind of got in the way too. i had to wiggle it out from behind it.
          yes it has a o2 sensor good tip thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
            Where are you based in the UK?
            hey is not my car, however i will be doing nearly all the work on it, I'm based in Middlesex,West London how about you?

Comment

Originally posted by avcar View Post
              hey is not my car, however i will be doing nearly all the work on it, I'm based in Middlesex,West London how about you?
              had a look at some pictures of your car marcus i must say very very nice. i see you have a 3rd high level brake light, where did you get that from?

I believe they come as standard on the US models

Comment

yeah usdm ones come with the third brake light

Comment

Midlands, cb has more potential than most new to the car realise. Keep up the motivation. This forum can show you exactly how a cb can be, from oem minters, to full on monsters.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Midlands, cb has more potential than most new to the car realise. Keep up the motivation. This forum can show you exactly how a cb can be, from oem minters, to full on monsters.
                    yea thanks Marcus,gonna steer to OEM route. ive bought some new wheel trims for my dad's car they are for a later car i think the UK CB3's had them in '93

Comment

Yeah cool, any bits you need message me i might have stuff. If not there are guys here with stuff, if the item is small. Otherwise postage is a bit nasty.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Yeah cool, any bits you need message me i might have stuff. If not there are guys here with stuff, if the item is small. Otherwise postage is a bit nasty.
                        Nice one cheers. There seems to be a noise I think is coming from the alb motor when driving like a squeal sound we took out the fuse for the alb and the noise has gone. Need to look at this any of you guys had issues with this?

Comment

Abs systems on theae cars are not very useful/never work at the age they are at now. Unless you spend time to restore it. I personally not messed with it, mine doesnt work, but doesnt play up either.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Abs systems on theae cars are not very useful/never work at the age they are at now. Unless you spend time to restore it. I personally not messed with it, mine doesnt work, but doesnt play up either.
                            ok fair enough,

Comment

right some updates

spent some time on my Dad's car
                              The chrome strip molding needed attention

newer molding with some extra clips that were missing

looks miles better in the flesh
                              Last edited by avcar; 09-01-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X