Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help!!! trans problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help!!! trans problem

trans gets stuck from park to reverse can anyone help me withthis problem is something stuck or broken?

can someone help me with my trans problem please

Comment

So it wont go past reverse huh. Try using the shift lock with your key and move it around? Check your brake switch if that goes out your stuff wont work.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by r32spec
        trans gets stuck from park to reverse can anyone help me with this problem is something stuck or broken?

sounds like a bad solenoid problem cause that is the problem with my cb it wants to get stuck in between park and reverse but yea if its an auto tranny which it seems that u hav also then its deffinitly a solenoid problem manual trannies hav shift cables and autos hav solenoids i mean its not broken if u can still drive the car and u can get it into gear cause mine been like this since i had it just refrain from neutral drops (lmao) which i used to do and dont use the low gears alot which i also used to do and u will be fine until u have the money to fix the problem or swap out the tranny which ever you wanna do! goodluck and keep us posted on the status of ur cb
        GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

Comment

thanks for ur help. and im going to check this out soon. and yes its auto its sometimes gets stuck and hard to get from park to rev. and if its a selinoid how much would this cost?

Comment

also it can drive it shifts fine but it just gts stuck.

Comment

yea my car shifts fine to but my solenoid is really bad try summitracing.com i never checked how much it would cost or anything its just that my friends a tech and he told me cause that was the reason he went to 5spd swap. its going to shift fine but to conserve the life of ur tranny try to keep it away from the redline i recomend 4500 as a shift point NO MORE THEN 5grand but yeah summitracing.com should have it. ill look it up for you and wen i find out for sure then ill let you know
              GOT SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YALL .....STAY TUNED

Comment

mine has the same problem, but it only does it once in a while.....

Comment

thanks for ur help. and no i dont really beat on my cb thinking of swapping but i have to work with this right now and want ot get it fixed before midwest meet.

Comment

This is almost always the first sign that your TCM is failing. Could be the solenoid but it may not be.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

What does a TCM have to do with it? Its a computer that tells the car when to shift and predict a good time for it to shift. Shifting the car out of park deals with the linkage, brake switch, or that one solenoid inside maybe its called the neutral safety switch? Im not quite sure. havent had an auto in a while.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

look at this. make sure your plastic parts are not broken and then check out the shiny metal thing on the right. if you need a part you can get it from me.
                        spin city

Comment

i better bust out the manual...........

Comment

Sounds like a good time for a manual swap. But myself I would tear down the console and look into all the shifter looking mech. thats were I'm guessing.

Comment

The TCM also sends a signal to the park lock on the Honda and yes it will lock it in park when it fails sometimes. I would check all other things first, like the shift solenoid and certianly the brake light switch as they are more common, but when all else fails then it can be the TCM.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Working...
                              X