battery relocation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery relocation questions

Hey guys so ive been looking at my engine bay and finally choose too move my battery to my trunk. Ive got 11ft of 0 gauge wire for pos(+) and 3 feet for neg(-). Im gonna run the wire on my passenger side into the firewall and into my trunk. Then sand down a area for a bolt for the neg(-) wire and im gonna have the pos(+) into the fuse box. Is that it? I mean after i have the battery down and safe so it doesnt move??? Ive heard you can run it to the fuse box and thats it and ive also heard you have to run it to the starter instead.

Help me out guys

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

The 0 ga. positive cable should go directly to the starter and then run a 4 ga. or larger from the starter post to the fuse box. You can either crimp both the 0 and 4 into one eye terminal or use two different terminals for each wire, either way is fine.

Don't forget to ground the transmission straight to the fender or tranny mount area with a 0 or 2 ga. cable.
    Last edited by 19dabeast85; 08-20-2011, 11:58 PM.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      The 0 ga. positive cable should go directly to the starter and then run a 4 ga. or larger from the starter post to the fuse box. You can either crimp both the 0 and 4 into one eye terminal or use two different terminals for each wire, either way is fine.

Don't forget to ground the transmission straight to the fender or tranny mount area with a 0 or 2 ga. cable.
      Oh okay, so I need to get two more pieces of wires too make this work out. But whats a eye terminal?

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
        Oh okay, so I need to get two more pieces of wires too make this work out. But whats a eye terminal?
        An electrical terminal that a bolt will go through. Maybe I'm calling it by the wrong name.
        My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

You can run it either way.
          Going to the starter is generally cleaner an easier
          Besure to add ground points both front & rear

Comment

When I did mine I soldered the wire from my fuse box to my battery cable at the connector that goes to the starter then I heat shrinked it. The factory cable had plenty of length.
            MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

Originally posted by faqncb7 View Post
              When I did mine I soldered the wire from my fuse box to my battery cable at the connector that goes to the starter then I heat shrinked it. The factory cable had plenty of length.
              That's the best way to do it!
              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Update:

So I just came back inside after bing cooked in the sun for an hour. I got three 8 gauge grounds from the frame to the tranny on the passenger side and another two on the drivers side. I got the car all wired up but im stuck at the fire wall

How did you guys get the cable pass the wall? Do you gotta drill a hole or what?

Pics would be very helpful guys

Comment

under the black box for emissions theres a hole thats plugged up by a black plug, usually for oem fogs..run it through there..it should come out near the ecu

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                  Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                  Originally posted by bmxicansd
                  so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                    under the black box for emissions theres a hole thats plugged up by a black plug, usually for oem fogs..run it through there..it should come out near the ecu
                    Do you have a pic? Im more of a guy that learns by seeing. You know

Comment

I hope this helps

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180487
                      New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                      tsx retrofit
                      f22b dohc boosted
                      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

i think he needs the pic of the hole from the firewall

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                        Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                        Originally posted by bmxicansd
                        so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

yeah I understand that but I said he was a visual learner so I gave him and example of how I ran my battery
                          New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                          tsx retrofit
                          f22b dohc boosted
                          custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Well I think i messed up or blew my starter. I ran the 0 gauge too the engine bay and put it together with the fuse box with was a 4 gauge wire and the fuse box to the starter which was also a 4 gauge and then did another ground with a 4 gauge wire. Then i went into the trunk and grounded the battery to a bolt near the tail light. Didnt use a eye terminal because i couldnt find one for 0 gauge. I then went to start it and it cranked fine but then stopped cranking. Still got all the lights and ect working but wont start. Now its dark out so im done for the night.

What do you guys think it might be?
                            Last edited by markrutherford; 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

4ga. is too small for the starter. You need to get some high quality 0 ga. terminals and run the 0 ga. straight to the starter like we said at first.

0 ga. Battery to starter, 4 ga. starter to fuse box.

You need terminals like one of these links:

Link1
                              Link2

Twist the 0ga. and 4ga. together and put both in that big terminal and bolt it to the starter. Then you run the 0ga. back to the battery and 4ga. to the fuse box.
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X