Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What suspension is best for cb7?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What suspension is best for cb7?

Ok I know its been talked about numerous times but my 91 cb7 four door needs new shocks and springs!!! So what is currently the hot ticket these days? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! And yes fully adjustable!!!

There are a lot of combinations and you definitely need to read more of the suspension FAQ's on the forum here. It really all depends what your using the car for. Short answer for regular fun driving, Function and Form Type 1 full coilovers. They are supposed to be really good and ride great. I've been researching suspension for a while now and they seems to be the best bang for your buck.

They are about $650.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177130

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318
      later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
        There are a lot of combinations and you definitely need to read more of the suspension FAQ's on the forum here. It really all depends what your using the car for. Short answer for regular fun driving, Function and Form Type 1 full coilovers. They are supposed to be really good and ride great. I've been researching suspension for a while now and they seems to be the best bang for your buck.

They are about $650.
        I would prefer Tein Basic, or possibly the new Megan EZ line... They offer very soft, comfortable spring rates. Most full coilovers offer very high spring rates, which are great on a track, but if the car sees more street time than track time, that's wasted... and potentially unsafe.

Grammatical error aside... the bold portion of the statement above is absolutely true. There is no "best" setup overall. The best setup is the one that meets your needs in terms of performance, appearance, price, and safety. Take safety into very serious consideration when lowering your car... do it wrong, and you could end up upside down and on fire in a ditch somewhere, with the charred remains of the 7 year old girl you ran over poking out of your grille.

Comment

Thanks!!

Yah! Chared little girls are bad for sure and even worse a chared cb7!!!! I have heard good things about the function and forum's so I will start looking next week I guess! Thanks again!!
          Last edited by Tracked wagon; 09-05-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Do some research in the suspension section of this site, and use Google to dig deeper. Get what is best suited for your needs. A "race" suspension isn't very cool once the novelty wears off.

Comment

There is a link in my sig for newly registered members. Click it.
              | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

I used basic TEIN type BASIC dampers $900 after shipping great choice i ever made smooth ride

Comment

I'm riding on 5 setting tokico ilumina coilovers. I was lucky to find them in the JY and it rides just they way want it

New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Ok, time to lock this thread. This is not the place to post pictures of your car. In fact, the question asked can't really even be answered accurately...

Comment

Working...
                    X