Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I learn to tune on the professional level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I learn to tune on the professional level?

So Ive recently been introduced to the world of tuning. I didnt even know such a thing existed until I started doing research on boost...

(If deev had a dime for each thing Cb7tuner has taught me

.....hed probably have like $5 dollars!)

Anyways, that shits expensive and I want to learn how to do it so I can save myself some money and possibly profit off it in the future.

So where do most people learn? Im assuming any UTI school will teach you, but is there alternatives?

Do you have to have a strong background in computer progamming or similar things?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

I have been learing on DSM's using dsm link. I would suggest find somebody who KNOWS what there doing. And learn from them watch them ask question do lots of research learn meanings because one wrong number could be 10,000 dollar mistake. You'll eventually get the hang of it its just like learning any thing else just some people pick up on it better than others.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
      I have been learing on DSM's using dsm link. I would suggest find somebody who KNOWS what there doing. And learn from them watch them ask question do lots of research learn meanings because one wrong number could be 10,000 dollar mistake. You'll eventually get the hang of it its just like learning any thing else just some people pick up on it better than others.
      Yeah, if only I knew people in the game.

And whats DSM link?

Comment

google

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
          Yeah, if only I knew people in the game.

And whats DSM link?
          Its tunning software to tune dsm it does everything from turning on off the fuel pump to anything. Its based off speed density
          DSM link

and to answer your PM try ecu adam Adam Hopkins is name I think and I know a few of my tunning buddys Ill check with.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
            google
            Its not working.
            Its tunning software to tune dsm it does everything from turning on off the fuel pump to anything. Its based off speed density

and to answer your PM try ecu adam Adam Hopkins is name I think and I know a few of my tunning buddys Ill check with.
            Ok, thanks. Ill look into it.

I already sent an email to Adam, but Im trying to explore my options before spending any money.

Comment

You can always start with a free program like Crome. Add a wideband and a laptop.

Start with a p06 ecu and play with a stock f22. They are a dime a dozen. Learn to build your own F22 map and you will be on your way.

Then add things like exhaust, header, intake, cam and see where it takes you.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

There is a sizable ECU tuning section on this site.

Also check out PGMFI.org if you are serious.

I still have to get into this, I need to tune my wagon and my Chevy Malibu, lucky they use the same chips!
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                  You can always start with a free program like Crome. Add a wideband and a laptop.

Start with a p06 ecu and play with a stock f22. They are a dime a dozen. Learn to build your own F22 map and you will be on your way.

Then add things like exhaust, header, intake, cam and see where it takes you.
                  I dont have a laptop yet, but Ive been thinking about downloading Crome to my desktop just to understand the 101.
                  I should have done more research before this thread, I dont even know what a wideband is lol. Or a map.
                  Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  There is a sizable ECU tuning section on this site.

Also check out PGMFI.org if you are serious.

I still have to get into this, I need to tune my wagon and my Chevy Malibu, lucky they use the same chips!
                  I avoided the ECU tuning section because this isnt really a technical question thread. Its more of a where can i learn this skill thread.

And I dont understand chips either. I need to do some serious research. To pgmfi.org i go!

Comment

yeah dog you need to go to the basics first...

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

http://www.efi101.com/

Comment

yeah dog you need to go to the basics first...
                        Ill try man. But if theres one thing I never got, its computers. I dont understand anything on how they work, or even know what terms like chips and burning and all that stuff is. I got some serious learn time ahead of me.

Comment

How do you figure this is not a technical question thread? You are asking where to learn a technical skill. I pointed you in the direction where you can find this information.

There are several "I'm teaching myself how to tune" threads in the ECU tuning section of this site. This is extremely valuable information to read thru. I don't think I've ever posted in the tuning section, But I've read very piece of relevant information in that section.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            How do you figure this is not a technical question thread? You are asking where to learn a technical skill. I pointed you in the direction where you can find this information.

There are several "I'm teaching myself how to tune" threads in the ECU tuning section of this site. This is extremely valuable information to read thru. I don't think I've ever posted in the tuning section, But I've read very piece of relevant information in that section.
                            This I never posted in it but since Ive been learning to tune Ive read most the threads so far.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
                              This is the best answer here. To learn the right way, you attend seminars. Check out the MoTeC seminars available as well. They are taught by some very legit people.
                              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X