Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

upgraded horn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgraded horn...

any loud horns that anybody knows of that i could replace my stock horn with.....I have a pick n pull not to far from me....

most of my buddys use the horn off a c10 truck it sounds deep. But probably any truck if you want a deep sound.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

If you can find a new wrecked 2012 civic. That horn frikkin hurts my ears its so damn loud.
      A first gen chevy equinox or anything from a chevy truck period.

For loudness i would stick with a newer honda or toyota horn.
      For deepness. Like the guy ^^^ said any truck horn will do.
      Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 10-11-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

what about hella Horns?

Comment

VW horns.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
            If you can find a new wrecked 2012 civic. That horn frikkin hurts my ears its so damn loud.
            A first gen chevy equinox or anything from a chevy truck period.

For loudness i would stick with a newer honda or toyota horn.
            For deepness. Like the guy ^^^ said any truck horn will do.
            Or just buy them brand new from honda.

Comment

I have a car alarm siren hooked up.
              Breaks necks real fast haha
              -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
                I have a car alarm siren hooked up.
                Breaks necks real fast haha
                That stupid thing in the parking garage up on the square was always funny and annoying

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Fords have pretty loud, deep horns. If I ever upgrade mine, that's what Im gonna use. This tiny, little fucking "meep meep" shit just aint enough, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i was thinking of someday adding AIR horns to my car. one guy in a pick up truck around town has some air horns that sound like a freaking train. you can hear it from a long way off. wonder how many little old ladies he's made have a heart attack with that damn thing. i don't know where i would put the horns but i would want them to be hidden so that i could scare the shit out of someone if they looked like they were fixing to HIT ME AGAIN!! face one set towards the rear with a different button and maybe that will wake them up and make them pay attention to where the fuck they are going while i sit at a red light.
                    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

That's what "Hella Horns" are.

Careful though, they can be illegal in some states.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

lol ok thanks i'll look into it and see what it says here. my mom had some air horns on her's for a while right out in the open so i don't think they are illegal here but i think i would rather be safe then sorry since i already have a TARGET on my forehead.

P.S. as you can tell i'm tired of getting rear ended while sitting at a red light.
                        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Look for pretty much anything pre-1980 and domestic. You can use a 14.4 volt cordless battery to touch leads to and check the sound of the horn before you buy it from the JY.

Comment

Could always go with the old Cadillac Tri note horns... make it sound like a cruise liner coming into port lol

Comment

i have hi lo horns off of a 98 mercury sable on my 93 teggy. you just gotta double check how they mount becuase the mounting bolt on those are grounds with a split wire for the hot. blew about five fuses before I figured out what was happening. fun to see peoples reaction when the little ass teggy blares at them like a sailor fresh off the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X