Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much over the speed limit do you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much over the speed limit do you go?

Yup as the title says.

City: Speed Limit + 5mph.
    Highway: Speed Limit + upto 10mph

Unless its raining hard and if there's traffic.

btw: CA highway speed limit 65mph but everyone goes like 80-90mph anyway.

City: I go +5-10mph, depending on the area.
    Highway: +10-15mph
    Raceline USA

Comment

Too fast for my own damn good.
      90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
      Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

depends on which road, if its a back road i know i'll go as fast as possible if i dont know it then bout 15 over, now highways differant question its 65 where i live in connecticut, and i always go 85-90

Comment

uh...

city: about 50-55mph (unless i know the area has cops, or cameras, or dips
          highway: how ever fast the traffic will let me go...avg 70-80mph (current max 120mph)

*my engine is stock

i drive SLOOOWWW in the rain though. cause my tires are practically bald, iv hydoplaned about 3-4 times within about 1-2 years of havin my license =P

Comment

i got a radar detector....so i go over the speed limit by a lot....

the rule of thumb is to flow with traffic........
            if im on the interstate im very cautious <sp> about 5.0 and laser

Comment

City = 5 Over
              Highway = Usually 10 over, but sometimes faster (triple digits cough cough)
              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Depends. If I'm just cruising along I'll go maybe 10-15 mph over the posted speed limit in the city unless I'm racing. If I'm racing then I'll speed until the other person lets off the gas.

On the highway I go 100+. If I'm racing 120 mph+.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

i usualy go under the speed limit. i get passed in parking lots here and there. when i take off at redlights, i look in my rear veiw to see people nearly ram into me when i shift from 1st to 2nd. sometimes i barley make it over 55 or 60mph on the highway. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

city: 5-10 over depending on the area..........
                    highway: 10-15 over depending on traffic flow sometimes 20 over but rarely

edit: when raining i go really SLOW every since that one weird turn a while ago..........
                    Last edited by .XS.; 04-07-2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

City- about five mph under
                      Highway- five to ten mph under

Better gas mileage and when you actually take the time to think about it, unless you're taking a long trip(two hours or so), it's not going to make more than a minute or two difference.

Yeah, I'm an old man. 130mph head-on collisions do that to a person.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                        City- about five mph under
                        Highway- five to ten mph under

Better gas mileage and when you actually take the time to think about it, unless you're taking a long trip(two hours or so), it's not going to make more than a minute or two difference.

Yeah, I'm an old man. 130mph head-on collisions do that to a person.

my mom is the same way, i think shes a magnet for bad drivers or something she got hit 3 times with in the past 3 years 2 where tottaled one was salvaged. sorry for being of topic

Comment

however fast im in the mood to go current top was 145 in a 45 on a highway near the airport in my 1989 honda accord SE-i

and yes im sure because the police officer was nice enough to tell me when he caught up lol im lucky i didnt go to jail he let me go with a disobeying traffic signals and 3 points on my liscense since it was 1 in the morning i worked at the airport there was no traffic on the road and the number 1 reason he let me off was simply because i actually stopped lol he said he didnt think he could have caught up to me in his ford explorer if hadnt slowed down and stopped if i can find the ticket ill post it because the officer was also kind enough to write the speed on the ticket and tell me that if i tried to contest it in court he would be sure to bring it up lol

Comment

Yeah I speed everyday. Valentine one owns me.

Roads I know in my town I drive fast on. Others I wont

As for highway I hit the XXX digits if it's straight and i can see everything infront of me

Im bad. Im a speeder and ill admit it!

Comment

normal city roads i usually go no more than 10 over, but most of the time its the speed limit or 5 over. highways ill never do the speed limit (55) since everybodys going 75 anyway... ill usually go 75-80. you wont get pulled over until you go over that, 85+... on back woods roads, ill drive fast within reason. some back roads are wide and straight, just have a 30mph limit due to the fact that they are back roads, but they can handle 90+... on those ill usually do 55, and 65 if able. most of the time i see friends its all back roads, and ive never once seen a cop on one in my entire life.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X