bassrock234 : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
    It's for the swap really, but I do need all new piping. Mine is so rusted out it looks like Swiss cheese. I think I'm gonna end up with a kteller piping kit and vibrant muffler and resonator.
    I wish I could afford some vibrant exhaust parts lol. I would love to have there resonator and muffler.

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
    Since you have a new header, buy the Percys 66017 gasket to eliminate any chances of leaks. I forgot who made the thread for the gasket but it works wonders.
    Nice collection of parts. Cant wait til to see the swap
    Good to know about the gasket, thanks! I also can't wait to see the swap.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

You mean the Subaru gasket I've been reading about? I'll probably give it a shot.

The vibrant stuff isn't to awful expensive. My buddy had one of their mufflers on his b18 civic and it sounded pretty good. I also like the fact they have a single entrance, dual exit muffler like the stock ex muffler. I'd really like to get a ws2 cat back but I'd only get one if I found a killer deal on it. $700 for a new cat back is just ridiculous.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

This build is coming along great. Keep up the good work.

Comment

You mean the Subaru gasket I've been reading about? I'll probably give it a shot.

The vibrant stuff isn't to awful expensive. My buddy had one of their mufflers on his b18 civic and it sounded pretty good. I also like the fact they have a single entrance, dual exit muffler like the stock ex muffler. I'd really like to get a ws2 cat back but I'd only get one if I found a killer deal on it. $700 for a new cat back is just ridiculous.
          I agree on the WS2. I am actually thinking about buying a vibrant resonator, I have a big oval obx muffler on my car now on my ebay catback but the resonator is so wore out it got louder. I even put a high flow cat on to try to quiet it down some and it helped a tad so I'll be putting another/replacing the resonator.

Also I used the subaru gasket and its kinda a bitch to modify to work but I think the Percy gasket is different.

Check this link out. > http://www.jegs.com/i/Percys/760/66017/10002/-1

^^^^^
          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I see, looks nice ill have to give it a try. I haven't decided on a cat yet. I definitely want it quiet but I don't know if I want a cat and resonator or two resonators.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

My buddy got a new bike a few days ago. It's a Honda F4i. Needs a little work but its nice overall.

Comment

congrats on cb7 of the month

TEAM MOST HATED

Comment

Thanks!

I just placed orders for a Spec stage 2 clutch, kteller 2.25 full stainless exhaust piping kit, and that Percy's gasket you guys mentioned earlier. Stuff should be arriving this week hopefully. Also hoping my engine and trans shows up this week but I don't know yet.

Comment

Kteller 2.25 stainless exhaust. Super nice kit.

Also the Percy's gasket recommended by ferenza

Comment

You sir have a clean ass CB. Like the new toys you are putting on it. Keep up the good work!!!
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Kteller 2.25 stainless exhaust. Super nice kit.

did you piping come almost all polished out already? I bought the stainless steel exhaust kit from KTeller and it didn't come looking like that. WTF I have had issues with them from the get go.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Yes it came like that, I haven't touched it with any kind of polish. There is some marks and crap on it from the packing and stuff but it should polish out no problem. They only sent me 1 flange (which I'm assuming if for the long pipe that connects to the cat) and a couple u-bolt clamps. I guess the rest of it is a slip fit and clamp system because most of the pipes are flared out at one end to be able to slip over the others. I'm gonna try to find someone who can weld it all up though instead of clamping it.

Have you tried fitting it to your car yet? Are the bends correct? That's really all I'm worried about.

Comment

It's designed to be trimmed as needed and welded. not intended for slip fit install. I haven't installed mine because I still need to source a few parts. been sitting on mine for a while. A few other members have the exact same set up with no issues. the bends are correct.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Clutch came today

Comment

My vibrant muffler and resonator arrived today

I also placed an order with Majestic Honda yesterday for a bunch of gaskets and little stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X