Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silly rabbits, nitrous is for kids

Thats awsome you were all able to spray and hold your motor together,, Did you accomplish this by ECU tuning?
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome

Thats awsome you were all able to spray and hold your motor together,, Did you accomplish this by ECU tuning?
      NO!!! Stock ECU but the timing is way back... I talk to a guy in Puerto Rico and told me where to put the timing at 100shot
      Accord Of The Month January 09
      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

i talked to a guy in PUERTO RICO

thats how it all starts

jjajajaja lmao
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome

Thats awesome you were all able to spray and hold your motor together,, Did you accomplish this by ECU tuning?
          I even left my timing stock for a long time with the juice. Finally I turned the dizzy back alittle just to be safe but I dunno. One of these days soon I'm going to buy a progressive kit and go for a 150 shot. Looking at how much the tq falls off on my dyno sheet I can progressively ramp up the juice safely from 50 to 150 shot by 7000 rpms and have one nasty nasty ride.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

Nitrous is like a Slut" you wanna hit it, but your scared of the consequences
            Accord Of The Month January 09
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*NITROUS
              Nitrous is like a Slut" you wanna hit it, but your scared of the consequences
              lol its not worse that boost. You can just as easily blow up a motor uping the boost. Just ask most of the srt drivers here in the ville. They'll tell you.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

IVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS .... AMEN to this thread , Nitrous is not the cause , People using it wrong are the cause ... TY
                Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Nos Is Cheap Hp, But Can Damage Motor, Turbos Accually Help The Engine And Its Just Air Similar To A Supercharger,so I Would Go Turbo If I Had A Choice
                  "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
                    Nos Is Cheap Hp, But Can Damage Motor, Turbos Accually Help The Engine And Its Just Air Similar To A Supercharger
                    lol Research nooblet

Comment

Originally posted by carolinaex
                      Nos Is Cheap Hp, But Can Damage Motor, Turbos Accually Help The Engine And Its Just Air Similar To A Supercharger,so I Would Go Turbo If I Had A Choice
                      soooooo... what you're saying is that turbos can't damage the motor? hmmm... I've had juice in my car for like 2 years now and I spray nitrous almost everyday. I know people with turbo kits on h22s that blow them up on the dyno. Nitrous cheap?! lmao with all the money I've spent on nitrous I could have went turbo with a built motor. In the long run turbocharging a motor is cheaper if you like speed everyday Like I do.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                        soooooo... what you're saying is that turbos can't damage the motor? hmmm... I've had juice in my car for like 2 years now and I spray nitrous almost everyday. I know people with turbo kits on h22s that blow them up on the dyno. Nitrous cheap?! lmao with all the money I've spent on nitrous I could have went turbo with a built motor. In the long run turbocharging a motor is cheaper if you like speed everyday Like I do.
                        that is probly because of a bad tune on a h22. not saying that turbo dont damage motors but not as bad as a nitrous explosion imo.
                        OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

I am planning on using direct port on my Civic. I've never had nitrous in any of my cars and want to play with it when I get the need for speed.

Of course I am scared a little because I've seen built engines blow with nitrous because occassionaly something does go wrong.

I decided to just go direct port because it isn't very expensive.

Do you guys remove nitrous for inspection? Or do you live where there is no inspection?

Comment

i didnt think nitrous was illegal....its illegal to speed, how you get to the speed limit shouldnt matter....i mean fuck...some RV's have nitrous so they can make it up to certain speeds up a hill and such....
                            ..[CB7][STAR]..
                            MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

nitrous is illegal in the U.S.. The bottle cannot be in plain sight and if it is, if there is not a line connected to it you are fine SOMETIMES. Depends on the cop. Its better to just mount it in the trunk and get a autobottle opener. The big thing on why people blow up their motors with nitrous is not have proper PRESSURE. Make sure your bottle is not low and quit being cheap and get a damn bottle warmer. The bottle pressure makes a hell of a difference.

p.s. how much do you pay per refill? A shop by me does it for $20 for a 10lb bottle and i know thats a hell of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                                not saying turbo can't damage your motor, just a good tuned turbo engine should out last a sprayed engine IMO
                                "Cracker's crumble Honkies rumble"

Comment

Working...
                                X