f20b four door vs 2000 Audi S4 *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
    Well even though I'm running the T2T4 transmission, Gearing isn't as short as I'd like it to be. It was either start at 7500rpm with my motor begging to me to shift gears at 8500rpm, or start in third gear at around 4500rpms I figured since I got such a good jump on him, that I might be able to hold my own in lower rpms, which I did hold my own. Just couldn't pull any
    LOL! Trick of the trade with Hondas. If there is 1,000RPM left USE IT. You will save more time by shifting almost right away. Had you done that, the 2nd pull probably would have been closer to the 1st.

The ONLY tool you have is keeping it in VTEC. Let it out, and you can lose to some pretty sad stuff.

Honestly, that is simultaneously my biggest love and biggest hate of Hondas. The torque really isn't bad for the displacement like everyone says it is, the problem is that the engines are relatively small, so they aren't as torquey as the others (i.e. F22 vs KA24). So in order to really wring what they are capable of out of them, you have to drive them like you stole them. That is a ton of fun. When you want to do it. Sometimes, when you are just trying to tool along though, you can get caught sleeping, and that is just a pain.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      It is a 2.7L Twin turbo V6 with a 6 speed manual transmission hooked to AWD, in a smaller car. It shouldn't need to be modded to be fast.
      they are pigs when stock

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
        they are pigs when stock
        Dude we get it, you think they are slow. Cool, I never said it was fast. Please keep your personal arguements elsewhere.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

not

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            I understand the simple math.

My point was everyone always says "oh that is going to blow your doors off." Or "there is no way you could EVER beat them, because you only have 142 lb/ft of torque." Or "He is boosted, it's way faster."

The fact of the matter is, it was a $40+K top of the line performance car that is 7-10 years newer. It has the displacement advantage, the gearing advantage, the aerodynamic advantage, it is boosted, and it is AWD. If all of these cars are really so much more superior than Honda, then it just shouldn't matter if the Accord is modded or not. And lightly modded at that. In a car that was MAYBE 1/4 of the cost.

Law Grandeur's statement was basically a flaming comment like most of his comments, because he can't deal with the fact that he is a Toyota fanboy on a Honda website. The fairly lightly modded Accord won against the stock A4, which it SHOULDN'T have according to all of the haters (him being one of the biggest on the site). Had there been no video, he would have called . But there WAS a video, so his next best response is "race him when he is modded." He shouldn't have to be modded.

The ONLY leg they have to stand on is "well he had to swap it." Which is true. Not because the Accord couldn't handle it though, just because Honda, in their typical conservative nature, didn't put the engine in that bolted in, and gave an extra 60HP. What would they all say if it did come with an H22 or F20B like it very well could have?

I am not dilusional in thinking Accords are the fastest cars ever. Nor do I think they offer everything under the sun. But clearly, they are capable of somethings that haters just can't handle.

Oh yeah, parting comment. If all that makes a car fast is torque, then what the fuck happened there?
            Wow So he beat a stock audi s4. Not hating but s4 arent very fast stock. They run low 14s stock and thats with a good driver. Chip, exhaust later they run high 12s low 13s. The audi S4 is superior to an older honda accord in almost everyway. I mean go for a ride and forget about power for a min and you'll see the ride is better in everyway. Thats why I bought one luxury!!! My prelude is fast... It'll blow away almost any stage 1-2 s4 on the road and keep up with slow stage 3 s4's. But in the end my prelude sucks on long drives I can't fit 4 people in it (yes I know accords do it quite well) and its loud. Besides the yellow color of my stage 3+ S4 avant (Wagon) you'd never know its capable of running 11s at the track. I can pack my family in it and drive thru a blizzard uphill in the mountains. In stock form my prelude can keep up with a stock s4 with no nitrous and with a little spray I'll put about 6-10 cars on it. (maybe not that bad but it looks ugly from the rearview mirror lol)
            I understand your post was for the hatez lol but I've got to defend my car lmao. all in all Thumbs up for the kill! I always love taking out cars that are suppose to be faster than mine.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

sorry for the double post but different topic lol.
              You make more than enough power to walk a s4 and forget 14.0s... with a good 1.7 60ft your car is in the 13s for sure. I ran a 13.8 in my prelude @ 102-106 (just depends on the day). I've come to find out my car hates the track lol cause I dyno'd at 296 whp. I spin all of first, all of second and finally hook in third. you've got 100 fewer hp and still keep up at the track lol. Add some nitrous you'll be verrrry verrrry happy with the results

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                not
                thanks for the bump

Originally posted by koolkoreanked View Post
                You make more than enough power to walk a s4 and forget 14.0s... with a good 1.7 60ft your car is in the 13s for sure. I ran a 13.8 in my prelude @ 102-106 (just depends on the day). I've come to find out my car hates the track lol cause I dyno'd at 296 whp. I spin all of first, all of second and finally hook in third. you've got 100 fewer hp and still keep up at the track lol. Add some nitrous you'll be verrrry verrrry happy with the results
                ya, i ran a 14.3 with a 2.3 sixty footer haha. From what i've seen at the track, every tenth you drop off your sixty results in about two-tenths better at the finish line. I think i could hit 13.8 with a 1.8 or so sixty.

Comment

Uh..did you use street tires? That's some shitty times for the power. The trapspeed is for low 13's/high 12's. 98vtec ran 13.4 with 215whp....with a 1.8 60'.

I suggest a progressive controller or not spraying till 3rd.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    Uh..did you use street tires? That's some shitty times for the power. The trapspeed is for low 13's/high 12's. 98vtec ran 13.4 with 215whp....with a 1.8 60'.

I suggest a progressive controller or not spraying till 3rd.
                    Lmao I posted to say he should be running faster than me lol. But if you must know the main reason my car only runs high 13's instead of 12's with a higher et is that my shift cable are streched almost broken so it takes my like years to shift lol. I'll fix them one day but I've lost all interest in hondas... I run with porsches and vettes on road courses in my wagon! I love it! Once I fix the cables and get some good axles ill post a good time for y'all. That's the other thing I snap axles like twigs when I use my radials. Sorry if there bad grammar but I'm on my iPhone lmao.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

thanks for the bump

ya, i ran a 14.3 with a 2.3 sixty footer haha. From what i've seen at the track, every tenth you drop off your sixty results in about two-tenths better at the finish line. I think i could hit 13.8 with a 1.8 or so sixty.
                      Yeah lol my 13.8 runs range between 2.2 and 2.6 sixties lmao. One day I'll fix all the little stuff but right now I don't care too. Good runs! Hurry up and break the 13 sec barrier!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Yeah lol my 13.8 runs range between 2.2 and 2.6 sixties lmao. One day I'll fix all the little stuff but right now I don't care too. Good runs! Hurry up and break the 13 sec barrier!
                        losing interest in the accord. wanting a lighter chassis lol

Comment

losing interest in the accord. wanting a lighter chassis lol
                          Lower it

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            Lower it
                            lower the car, or the weight of the car? either way, i had my fun with this car.

Comment

Working...
                            X