Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my teammate / friend got an 06 corvette this past weekend . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my teammate / friend got an 06 corvette this past weekend . . .

and after being completely impressed by it
    ( i'd never ridin in a car that sexy / powerful )

are there any cb's that can match it ? i've seen the list of the top turbo setups , and i've seen some incredibly good lookin cb's ( aww_shiet , lummie ) but i was wondering . . .

does anyone have the feeling that NOTHING on the road is faster than you ?
    lol
    what's it like ?

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

the thing is as cool as it is having a fast fwd its just not as fun ever

Comment

2point6 romped on a Z06 or two with his NA H22 a while back... it was only making about 250whp at the time, too. His car weighed about 2600lbs, and I believe he had a Euro R Transmission (which I'm sure was a huge help... very short gears)

The top turbo guys here are in the low 12s to low 11s... some are probably into the 10s if they can get traction. Oddly, most of the high horsepower guys haven't taken it to the track!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        2point6 romped on a Z06 or two with his NA H22 a while back... it was only making about 250whp at the time, too. His car weighed about 2600lbs, and I believe he had a Euro R Transmission (which I'm sure was a huge help... very short gears)

The top turbo guys here are in the low 12s to low 11s... some are probably into the 10s if they can get traction. Oddly, most of the high horsepower guys haven't taken it to the track!
        Question is, was that a C5 Z06, 0r a C6 Z06? C6 Z06 is a whole 'nother ball game compared to the C5.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Not sure. It was a few years ago, so it may have been a C5.

Scott will probably find this and give the real story. It's on here somewhere as well... I'm in the middle of doing paperwork (can you tell?) so I can't take time to find it now.

Comment

Not sure. It was a few years ago, so it may have been a C5.

Scott will probably find this and give the real story. It's on here somewhere as well... I'm in the middle of doing paperwork (can you tell?) so I can't take time to find it now.
            Was that the time the Vette owner joined this site to deny the story in the kills section?? LOL. And then a few of his domestic-driving friends joined also to talk smack??

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
              does anyone have the feeling that NOTHING on the road is faster than you ?
              lol
              what's it like ?
              Oh, just ask a civic/integra owner. The majority of them tend to have mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart View Post
                Was that the time the Vette owner joined this site to deny the story in the kills section?? LOL. And then a few of his domestic-driving friends joined also to talk smack??
                It may have been. Scott joined a Vette forum I think, and talked about it... and got flamed to hell. Everyone said "good for you, you beat a STOCK Z06 with your heavily modified Honda!"... but still, he beat a purpose-built sportscar, the high end of the line, with a 15 year old FWD family sedan that cost 1/4 the price of the Vette when brand new! Naturally Aspirated, at that!

Comment

It may have been. Scott joined a Vette forum I think, and talked about it... and got flamed to hell. Everyone said "good for you, you beat a STOCK Z06 with your heavily modified Honda!"... but still, he beat a purpose-built sportscar, the high end of the line, with a 15 year old FWD family sedan that cost 1/4 the price of the Vette when brand new! Naturally Aspirated, at that!
                  all the domestic guys can say that all they want. the face of the matter is you still got beat by a 17-19 year old family car that cost $40-$50-k less than your sports cart that was built solely for the purpose of power and racing. lmao

Comment

Scott's car was purpose built too, though. It was far from stock! (and it remains to be one of my very favorite cars on this site)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      all the domestic guys can say that all they want. the face of the matter is you still got beat by a 17-19 year old family car that cost $40-$50-k less than your sports cart that was built solely for the purpose of power and racing. lmao
                      lol completely agree

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

yeah for an all motor h22 that says alot about honda . the weight played a role to i assume . lol . how heavy is a zo6 ?

Originally posted by k-mart View Post

Oh, just ask a civic/integra owner. The majority of them tend to have mentality.
                        seriously ? LOL . and yeah , i mean whats it like to think that way , and it actually be true . haha

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        ^ damn right .
                        ftmfw .
                        and even with the mods made by those like 2point6 , it still prolly adds up to significantly less than a corvette , or mustang , camaro . . . .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                        - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

H22+100shot of nitrous+roll= roasted stock c5 vettes! I dont drive a cb anymore but the prelude weights about the same if not more. As long as ya'll see it from both sides of the picture lol. I go on the audi boards and they talk shit about how shitty older JDM vehicles are... I come here and ya'll talk shit about how our older cars beat newer cars... Its kinda funny.
                          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                          registration is free

Comment

crx+d16z6+t25+si tranny= +2 cars on a c5 till third then -5 cars by 5th lol

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I would love to join a mustang forum and tell them all my FWD old skool japanese family sedan could rape all of them. lol. mustang owners seem to all have the mentality the OP is talkin about

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Working...
                              X