h22 vs gtp and h22 vs wrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 vs gtp and h22 vs wrx

Well you know what I got. h22 with about 100 shot and exhaust. GTP has pulley swap, ported blower, nasty cam, ported heads, ported intake manifold, bored throttle body and a tune. GTP has run a best of 13.5 @ 106 tire spinning most of the way down the track. Last weekend I ran a best of 14.1@ 98-103 The bottle was about empty for the 14.1 that why the mph is inconsistent.

First run 30mph roll.

Second run dead stop but the camera man didn't start the camera in time for the honks. I caught him right before he hit the brakes due to traffic.

Now the run with the wrx... All I can say is WOW that is the fastest wrx I have ever raced. I've never been caught on the highway by a subbie. All he would tell me was that it was a sti turbo with work and runs mid to low 12s at the track. I would get him off the 30mph roll and then he would slowly pass me.

EDIT: Camera van in gtp race runs 15s at the track lol. Race with the wrx the camera car was the gtp

EDIT OF THE EDIT: I had a 200 lbs passanger in against the subbie race and he was by himself. If the weather holds out we're going to do it again with no passanger in my car and see what happens cause it was a close race.
    Last edited by koolkoreanked; 05-24-2008, 10:02 AM.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

hahaha it sounds like you have double vtec

mmmmmmmmbaahhhhhWAAAHH!!!
    ]

Comment

yeah lmao. It actually has me worried tho. I have no clue what that was. Possibly detonation or maybe it was the sound echoing off the van I wasn't the nitrous engaging cause as soon as I floor it, its on.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
        yeah lmao. It actually has me worried tho. I have no clue what that was. Possibly detonation or maybe it was the sound echoing off the van I wasn't the nitrous engaging cause as soon as I floor it, its on.
        it's possible when you go into vtec, the cam changes (obviously) and that changes the entire mixture around, and how long it stays in the chamber

what is your vtec set at, and how long is the transition IE 5000 - 5300, if that is the case then at the end of the transition, this could be the double pop where the mixture has finally changed so much that all the extra fuel plus nitrous just goes pop

thats just speculation, do you have a wideband? you can get a wideband reader for only about 150 bucks if you don't

and hows your timing, i dont know anything about your setup im just pondering
        ]

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking after watching it 100 times... I think its just a few pops from the extra fuel. My vtec is set at 4800 rpms... It needs to be lower tho more like 4300 rpms or so. MY car made 20whp on the dyno at vtec. I need that to stop

WRX vids are posted. Just scroll thru until you find them... Well I'll just post them.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

I wonder who is going to call
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              I wonder who is going to call
              on what? The vids?

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

wow..you ran that gtp down. Does he ever catch up when the bottle runs dry? That WRX is ridiculous. Is he bottled too? whoever is talkin in these vids is kinda annoying though.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                  wow..you ran that gtp down. Does he ever catch up when the bottle runs dry? That WRX is ridiculous. Is he bottled too? whoever is talkin in these vids is kinda annoying though.
                  The GTP is very fast and fun to drive. We've never raced on an empty bottle but lets put it this way... We did a before and after nitrous run against his car. Before Nitrous he easily put 6+ car between us EASILY. Afterward you get this outcome. I don't know what the WRX has but its not just a STI turbo making a claimed 255 awhp. There is no way in hell a 255 awhp subbie weighting in at 3500lbs is going to pull on me. But hey you cant win them all. Hopefully The weather will change around here so we can run again.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

damn your car is pretty quick!

Comment

heres the funny thing about the GTP race from a dig. We stopped in the middle of the road three cars apart. The camera van, prelude and GTP. GTP honked and on the third honk the van jumped us both by a full car length due to tire spinning LMAO.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

heres the funny thing about the GTP race from a dig. We stopped in the middle of the road three cars apart. The camera van, prelude and GTP. GTP honked and on the third honk the van jumped us both by a full car length due to tire spinning LMAO.

LMAO. now thats funny. a freakin van pulled on yall both. AND your running a 100hp shot. thats lol'erific. lol

Comment

it almost sounds like your clutch isnt ingaging all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
                            it almost sounds like your clutch isnt ingaging all the way.

I think it is just slipping. At least that is what it sounds like.

Comment

on what? The vids?

Yes, since they call BS in all of your other threads. It was a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X