No announcement yet.

ENG: DIY polishing small parts with a dremel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see some updated pictures of your engine with the polished pieces. I know your probably not done but a few pics would be cool to see.

I'm not a big fan of chrome or polished parts but somehow I like what your doing TypeG. Good work. Polishing parts is pretty fun to. I polished my intake and strut bar a while back and it's nice to see the outcome as you go.

Comment

Yeah, keep surprising us. I want some more inspiration

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

yes the block can be done
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

The block can definatly be done! takes about 12-13 solid hours though!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
            The block can definatly be done! takes about 12-13 solid hours though!
            type G would probably take 3-4 times that long lol... but dude is that yours??? sweeeet!
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

TypeG, you would do that. You would have the time to do this. Hahaha that's insane. Great job. How long do these polished pieces usually last before having to do this whole process again?

Comment

they last forever since you are pysically changing the surface. they do get a little dirty just like any other part on the car. to clean the polished parts, you simply use mag and aluminum polish and wipe it off. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

imma have to expirement on some few things....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

Amazing job; I have to do my rims at some point. The snow and salt damaged the shiny silver paint.

Comment

Would I be able to do this with my 93 ex wheels? That'd be HOT.

-Tom
                      Bought From: Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by loonysalmon View Post
                        Would I be able to do this with my 93 ex wheels? That'd be HOT.

-Tom
                        don't use a dremel to polish wheels. this method is only for small parts.

instead use and orbital sander with 320 grit to sand the face smooth, then use 400, 600, 1000, 2000g by hand followed by metal polish. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

can this be done with out a dremil??? I have everything including the polish but no dremill and I was going to re polish the lips on my wheels ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

I think I just Jizzed In My Pants!!!

I just noticed the last post was a year ago yesterday

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                            Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                            Originally posted by bmxicansd
                            so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

that starter and PS pump were in my dreams last night (drools on self.....)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X