Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Good tire/wheel size for racing/track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good tire/wheel size for racing/track

Hey Im looking to get a new set of wheels/tires for my 92 LX. Stock tire size right now is P185/70R/14. Im doing SCCA this summer and am lookin for a nice grippy set of tires that I want to put Rota Slips on. Im getting Koni Yellows with Neuspeed Races and ST F/R Sway bar. Does anyone have any suggestions for tires or possible suspension upgrades? Clearance issues, parts to replace, etc.
    Thanks
    texx @ #afterfx
    epicFRAG

If you go anything over 205 you might rub.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

215 is doable.

Are you running 14" slips?

Also, are you looking for an all-out race tire, or just a good sticky street tire?

Comment

g force, avs sports, or falken azeni, are good tires. 215 is doable depending on the drop. mine are 215 and rub a lot. so id say get some 205s. size 15 wheels too btw and you are set my friend

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

yea i got 215 50 r16 and ive been at the track and was good but i have h22 and suspension so just go with a size thats not going to be 2 costly on tires remember the are track tires!!
          turn the key,Clutch-Gear-Gas ..Gone.... R.B.

Comment

dont get the ST front sway bar, its a waste, creates MORE understeer.
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

You might want to change all your bushings to polyurethane; this will complement your suspension upgrades well, especially if you are using racing tires with very hard side walls.

Other than that, if you want to stiffen up your chassis a little, try some stiffening braces: custom heavy duty strut bars and frame reinforcements work better than the ebay stuff.

Some toe hooks will go a long way; especially when you are in the sand pits and its almost impossible to reach the tow hooks underneath the car.

Smaller steering wheel, seriously, you will swear by this once you start using a smaller wheel.

A Short shifter will be great, but you have to remember to shift slower, if you shift with the same speed as you did with the longer throw shifter, you will fry your synchros pretty fast....good reason to upgrade the synchros I guess.

Tires:
              I hear Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R are pretty good...not to mention pretty

or the Yokohama A048's...drool
              DEVOTE

Comment

205/55/15 Falken Azenis

</thread>
                Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I would run 16's if it was me. But nothing wrong with 15's at all.

I wouldn't get a front sway bar, just front/rear strut tower bars and a progress rear sway with poly bushings. That would be a really nice suspension setup.
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Uh....what class are you running?

What do the rules allow for suspension mods?
                    What tire and wheel size is allowed?
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Im looking for a DD and race tire all in one Ill be running SCCA with my stock cb7 but Im doing suspension so it depends on what I do for what class Ill be in. On the wheels, Im not sure what size slip I want. Im looking for suggestions for tire/wheel size and which tires to get. Im hearing a 205/x/x which doesnt really help that much since thats what I was already thinking! HELP! Thanks alot so far guys!

EDIT: Also Im taking the advice of not using a front sway, I reread the suspension threads and it seems everyone says the same about that topic, thanks.
                      Last edited by texxMWmeets; 01-23-2008, 08:47 PM.
                      texx @ #afterfx
                      epicFRAG

Comment

Anyone? 15's or 16's? What size dudes?
                        texx @ #afterfx
                        epicFRAG

Comment

Either one works its personal preference. Obviously the smaller wheel will give you quicker rev up.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Im thinking of a 205/50/15 Falken RT615, mainly because they dont make a 205/55/15 like he suggested me getting... nice one. Im a noob when it comes to these things, what is my ideal wheel size for these? I know 15" wheels but isnt there something else that comes into play? Thanks

Any suggestions on a real sticky 205/55/15?
                            Last edited by texxMWmeets; 01-24-2008, 06:34 PM.
                            texx @ #afterfx
                            epicFRAG

Comment

Anyone?
                              texx @ #afterfx
                              epicFRAG

Comment

Working...
                              X